“cute and comfortable”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is very big and rooms are clean and comfortable. In front there is a golf club so there is a nice green view. I was lucky with a nice sunny day, so I could stay in the open patio for a drink. Troon city center is 20 minutes walk. Personnel very kind and helpful. Super breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MariKris
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review. It is very encouraging to read such great feedback! Thanks for staying with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,153)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The service at this hotel is awful. I booked more than 6 months before my stay, specifically choosing the hotel because it was near to a wedding that I was attending in Troon. I wanted it to be a nice weekend away for me and my partner. 2 months before my stay I confirmed over the phone that everything was ok. However, just 4 days before I was due to travel, I was left a message saying they had over booked and I was being bumped to a nearby hotel, along with 10 OTHER PEOPLE who I know that were attending the same wedding.

We were promised this would be an upgrade, but it was far from it. They sent me to a stuffy hotel with no pool, no sea view, no air-con - and situated next to a LANDFILL site!! With no air-con I had to sleep with the window open breathing in landfill smells all night. This was a downgrade, not an upgrade. The Marine hotel weren't even sorry for the inconvenience they caused.

Stay well clear.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
6  Thank Daveburke82
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thanks for the review, however your account is very unfair and inaccurate. It is regrettable that we were overbooked and regrettable that you were out booked, it is not a position that we chose to be in. We were highly apologetic. We not only paid for taxis to and from the event but also your accommodation. Additionally you were moved to a four star hotel that is rated very highly on this site and many others that is about 5 minutes drive from ourselves.
Despite the unfortunate circumstances I feel that we went about as far as we were able to compensate and minimise the disruption. I am sorry that this was not good enough.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Marine Hotel is an extremely welcoming hotel where the staff really care about the customers enjoying their stay. We stayed to play golf locally but this is a great hotel even if you're not golfing. We dined at the hotel and the food was excellent. The bar was very sociable and we chatted with many other guests. The rooms were extremely comfortable and kept lovely and clean. We had great weather and great golf and would definitely recommend this as a lovely hotel to stay at on the west coast of Scotland

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BSykes45

Thanks for the great review! I am very pleased that you had such a lovely stay and I do hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Sadly only a short 24 hour stay as we visited Troon to attend a wedding. The hotel is in a very nice location and we were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Nothing was too much trouble, and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast the morning we checked out was really good - although there was a mix up with our order, these things happen and it was dealt with very well. The range / choice and quality was spot on. I wish we could have stayed for longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ASummerton

Thank you for the great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and very happy to see that we corrected an error with your order quickly and efficiently. Thanks for staying with us and I hope that we will see you for longer next time.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went mainly for a quick break and to try the Two Fat Ladies restaurant. Weather was great so the coastal location was excellent. Staff were very good and attentive. Dinner was very good although the menu was a little unadventurous but saying that the experience was very enjoyable and would go back.

1  Thank ronniewood

Thank you very much for the review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and also that you enjoyed your meal. I appreciate the criticism as well, we are always working to be the best version of ourselves so perhaps next time we will make "excellent"! Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We bought 5pm vouchers which were £99 each and provided bed breakfast and £40 credit to use in bar restaurant or spa. Well worth the money as we bought two which provided us with a well earned relaxing break at marine hotel. Staff were lovely and each breakfast and evening meal we were seated at the window without asking which was a bonus having sea view. Would recommend this hotel and services to all.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room when booking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for the great review, I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed two nights on a great deal, paying £85 per night with a £75 credit to be spent in the hotel!
We had a lovely view of the 18th fairway at Royal Troon on the second floor. The room was a good size with a very nice bathroom.
Our dinner in the main dining room was 'ok", the breakfast was better. The staff were all very helpful and polite. The area is very flat so it's ideal for long lazy walks along the beach and seafront. There is plenty of free parking.
The most disappointing part of our stay was the bed. It was dreadful, as the bed sloped into the middle and this made for a very restless nights sleep! If we return to the area we will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for the review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I apologise if the bed was not to your liking, I appreciate you mentioning it and I will have this checked. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Seamill Hydro
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!