“Lovely Hotel”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our stay was lovely as was the weather. Hotel is old but of a high standard and very clean. Beautiful views from the hotel and beach was within easy reach to enjoy a walk on.All staff we met were most friendly and helpful even at 2am when the hotel fire alarms went off and we all had to wait outside for the fire brigade to arrive!! (special mention to Kimberly) Food was good, especially enjoyed the breakfast which was large enough to set you up for the day. Only very small moan was the poor view from our room which sadly was of a building roof and not of the golf course or sea, however, as we did not spend a great deal of time in our room it was ok.

Room Tip: Room 109 on first floor did not have a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thanks for the review. I am very pleased to read that you had a good visit and its great that you were lucky with the weather! Apologies again regarding the fire alarm! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,153)

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Have just had a fantastic time at this spa! I am a regularl users of spas but have never been as compelled before to write such a positive review. My boyfriend and I booked in for a massage, facial and lunch and were so impressed with everything! Every member of staff we encountered was so professional, friendly, helpful and smiley. The surroundings were lovely and the treatments we received were exceptional. I have to make special mention of my beauty therapist - she was so friendly and knowledgable and talked me through all the products she used for my facial. The 2 course lunch we had was lovely and we have left feeling relaxed and refreshed. I would have no hesitation in recommending this spa and hotel and will definitely be returning soon. Thanks so much :)

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank LittlePicklePug

Thanks for the great review! I am delighted that your day was so special. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel overall was lovely - the room was modern and comfortable, bar area and restaurant were pleasant to sit in and a great view to enjoy. All staff we enountered couldn't have been more helpful. Our room wasn't ready on check in or when we were asked to return but the receptionist offered drinks and lunch as recompense, which was very nice. The pool was very nice and the gym had a great range of equipment. Food in the restaurant and bar was delicious. Couldn't fault anything at all, really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel is located in a very nice area between a few golf courses.
The hotel building is very very beautiful.
The staff needs a vacation to fresh up.
Food in the hotel room is good at mid price 27-35£ for diner
Some rooms are small, a specialty the toilette.
The gym is good with a nice pool.
Room prices are 75£ and above.
Nice balcony at the front of the hotel.
Enjoy.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan D

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Oh it was a surprises alright!!!!
Totally mixed the booking my husband made for a birthday surprise for me. Said we were booked in for August not July first if all. Finally gave us keys to a little room away at the back overlooking what looked like a toilet block. No deluxe room that he had booked & paid for. No view overlooking the fairways to the sea & over to Arran, no fluffy white bathrobes, no hair dryer etc, etc.
When my husband went back to reception he was told there were no deluxe to put us in that they would give us a £20 refund expecting us just to stay. Well what an insult, you may have well just slapped him in the face. He was do upset when he came back to the room & had to explain all. We just picked up our bags deciding to leave. When we handed the keys back the staff had the nerve to ask us to just change the date & come back. Like a can change my birthday, get real !!
After checking some other reviews, which I hope you do after reading this, DONT BOOK. Dont waste your time.
As for the 2 fat ladies restaurant. I'm surprised they're lowering their reputation by associating themselves with an establishment like this.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank cesleypesley

I am very sorry for any misunderstanding or error regarding your booking. Your situation was most regrettable and I am sorry that you left before we had the chance to make amends.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Booked this through a 5pm deal. Nothing cheap about this hotel. The hotel is situated on the seafront with views across the famous golf course. The receptionist was lovely and welcoming and the room was spacious, airy and spotless! I had dinner in my room and have to say everything was beautifully presented, warm and delicious. Breakfast is served in the 2 fat ladies restaurant and everything is served to the table to order, no buffet here which was lovely. I'll definitely return here and the sooner the better!

Room Tip: A sea view room is an added bonus
1  Thank Trixie2205

Thanks for the great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. It is very encouraging to read such great feedback! I hope that we will see you again soon

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Marine hotel for two nights in a deluxe double room. Our stay was fantastic from start to finish. The staff at the hotel are excellent and could not be more helpful. The room was gorgeous and the views were simply stunning. The free wifi was great.The restaurant was amazing for both breakfast and dinner - cannot fault it!
Many people on here are giving less than perfect reviews and yes, there were a few things about the hotel that could have been better (cracked bathroom floor tiles, room window would not close as broken, some paint work needed and swimming pool far too shallow) but they did not impact on our stay at all. We don't expect a hotel as old as this one to be perfectly modern.
The hotel is perfect for anyone with an interest in golf. The 'spa' I would say is more like a leisure centre with a couple of rooms for spa treatments but I found it enjoyable.
We had a fantastic stay and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room 316 has lovely views of the golf course.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks very much for the review. I am pleased that your stay was so good. I appreciate the feedback regarding the maintenance issues. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Seamill Hydro
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!