“Great Stay”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 22 July 2014

From our arrival, when we were greeted by Kimberley, until we left, we never encountered any staff who were anything but cheery and helpful. Whether from housekeeping, bar, or restaurant!
Getting buckets of ice and glasses was no problem, at all.
Our room was nice, with a view out to sea, and over Royal Troon Golf course. It was fine for 2 nights, but perhaps a bit small, if you were staying longer.
The bed was only a double, which felt small, when you're used to larger beds!
There is free wifi in the rooms, which was good.
We had dinner on 1 night, and 2 breakfasts. The food was good and tasty, but, nothing to rave about. The excess charge on some of the breakfast items was a bit excessive.
Overall, though, we had a very nice time, and I would have no hesitation in returning for another short break!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for the review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I very much hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just spent a tremendous overnight stay with our daughter who was on hols from Australia ,the rooms were perfect and the food courtesy of "Two Fat Ladies "was first class. We also used the Spa facilities ,Thanks again to Kimberley and Lynsey for there attention and how nice and cheery they were, and we will definitely be back .Linda seymour

Room Tip: Try for sea facing ,but all room are very pleasant
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the great review, I am very pleased that your stay was so good and that you enjoyed Two Fat Ladies so much. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I spent a two night break here on the 16 th July and it was fantastic! I booked through classic britain for the second time in a month. Every about this hotel is great but in particular the staff! I cannot praise them high enough! They are warm, friendly and have a sense of humour which is delightful. Only negative and it is a slight one was my room the second time had no view at all so was a little disappointed initially! The fire alarm going off at two in the morning only added to the fun! It was much appreciated the next day when the the lovely 'Geordie ' manager went round every guest to apologise for the 'drama' the night before! I will definitely return again but request a sea view room even if it is extra! Thanks to all the lovely staff for making both stays at your hotel a joy!

Room Tip: A sea view room may be more expensive
1  Thank Anne M
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for the review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I am delighted that we will see you again! Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our stay was lovely as was the weather. Hotel is old but of a high standard and very clean. Beautiful views from the hotel and beach was within easy reach to enjoy a walk on.All staff we met were most friendly and helpful even at 2am when the hotel fire alarms went off and we all had to wait outside for the fire brigade to arrive!! (special mention to Kimberly) Food was good, especially enjoyed the breakfast which was large enough to set you up for the day. Only very small moan was the poor view from our room which sadly was of a building roof and not of the golf course or sea, however, as we did not spend a great deal of time in our room it was ok.

Room Tip: Room 109 on first floor did not have a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review. I am very pleased to read that you had a good visit and its great that you were lucky with the weather! Apologies again regarding the fire alarm! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Have just had a fantastic time at this spa! I am a regularl users of spas but have never been as compelled before to write such a positive review. My boyfriend and I booked in for a massage, facial and lunch and were so impressed with everything! Every member of staff we encountered was so professional, friendly, helpful and smiley. The surroundings were lovely and the treatments we received were exceptional. I have to make special mention of my beauty therapist - she was so friendly and knowledgable and talked me through all the products she used for my facial. The 2 course lunch we had was lovely and we have left feeling relaxed and refreshed. I would have no hesitation in recommending this spa and hotel and will definitely be returning soon. Thanks so much :)

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank LittlePicklePug

Thanks for the great review! I am delighted that your day was so special. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel overall was lovely - the room was modern and comfortable, bar area and restaurant were pleasant to sit in and a great view to enjoy. All staff we enountered couldn't have been more helpful. Our room wasn't ready on check in or when we were asked to return but the receptionist offered drinks and lunch as recompense, which was very nice. The pool was very nice and the gym had a great range of equipment. Food in the restaurant and bar was delicious. Couldn't fault anything at all, really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel is located in a very nice area between a few golf courses.
The hotel building is very very beautiful.
The staff needs a vacation to fresh up.
Food in the hotel room is good at mid price 27-35£ for diner
Some rooms are small, a specialty the toilette.
The gym is good with a nice pool.
Room prices are 75£ and above.
Nice balcony at the front of the hotel.
Enjoy.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan D

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I hope that we will see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#4 of 6 in Troon
Hallmark Hotel Irvine

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!