“Good one night stay.”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Alexandria, United Kingdom
“Good one night stay.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our room was at the back of the hotel and had no view as such although it was comfortable and clean. As this was a Groupon deal, which included a £40 voucher, we couldn't really expect the best room. The spa facilities and pool were very good. The meal in The Two Fat Ladies resturant was good with a lovely view of the golf course. Obviously this hotel is in a great location if you were planning to use the golf course.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for the great review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
Glasgow
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The service excelled our expectations Our room was stunning overlooking the golf course and beach Evening meal in the "Two Fat Ladies" restaurant was first class and reasonably priced I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank foxy32Glasgow
Thank you very much for the review. It is very encouraging to read such great feedback, thanks for choosing to stay and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a one night stay away for my wife's birthday to be told they had no trace of my booking.1.got given a room with a view of a brick wall after paying for a deluxe room.2 when back to reception to be told no deluxe room left we will give you a refund of 20 quid.3 asked if my wife good basically change her birthday to another weekend, as if.all in all you expect better don'tyou.oh also told it was aAmazon fault for the booking been wrong .also a lie.just terrible.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thommacks
Thanks for the second review of your stay. As I said in my earlier reply I am sorry for the mix up with your reservation. Your situation was most regrettable and I am sorry that you left before we had the chance to make amends.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We had a one night stay and if you expect 4 star that is not what this hotel is . We had to ask for room change as first one had marked first carpet , one small window that would not stay open - very warm day and no air conditioning . The staff did kindly give us another room , it was cleaner , but had steamed up double glazing and wallpaper coming off in places . The whole hotel has dated worn carpets and all the glass doors were covered in hand marks . The staff were helpful but you had to wait for service . I did give direct feedback to the hotel . But this is just a note for other customers as for £175 a night with a 4 star rating I expect much more . Unless hotel is updated I will not use again .

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AS2012
Thank you for the review. It is disappointing that you were not happier with your stay but I thank you for your comments. I hope that we will have another chance to impress in the not too distant future.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

From our arrival, when we were greeted by Kimberley, until we left, we never encountered any staff who were anything but cheery and helpful. Whether from housekeeping, bar, or restaurant!
Getting buckets of ice and glasses was no problem, at all.
Our room was nice, with a view out to sea, and over Royal Troon Golf course. It was fine for 2 nights, but perhaps a bit small, if you were staying longer.
The bed was only a double, which felt small, when you're used to larger beds!
There is free wifi in the rooms, which was good.
We had dinner on 1 night, and 2 breakfasts. The food was good and tasty, but, nothing to rave about. The excess charge on some of the breakfast items was a bit excessive.
Overall, though, we had a very nice time, and I would have no hesitation in returning for another short break!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I very much hope that we will see you again soon.
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just spent a tremendous overnight stay with our daughter who was on hols from Australia ,the rooms were perfect and the food courtesy of "Two Fat Ladies "was first class. We also used the Spa facilities ,Thanks again to Kimberley and Lynsey for there attention and how nice and cheery they were, and we will definitely be back .Linda seymour

Room Tip: Try for sea facing ,but all room are very pleasant
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the great review, I am very pleased that your stay was so good and that you enjoyed Two Fat Ladies so much. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I spent a two night break here on the 16 th July and it was fantastic! I booked through classic britain for the second time in a month. Every about this hotel is great but in particular the staff! I cannot praise them high enough! They are warm, friendly and have a sense of humour which is delightful. Only negative and it is a slight one was my room the second time had no view at all so was a little disappointed initially! The fire alarm going off at two in the morning only added to the fun! It was much appreciated the next day when the the lovely 'Geordie ' manager went round every guest to apologise for the 'drama' the night before! I will definitely return again but request a sea view room even if it is extra! Thanks to all the lovely staff for making both stays at your hotel a joy!

Room Tip: A sea view room may be more expensive
1 Thank Anne M
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for the review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I am delighted that we will see you again! Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,448 reviews
Western House Hotel

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!