“Friendly place who remember faces!!”
Review of Marina Cafe - CLOSED

Marina Cafe
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
N Ireland
“Friendly place who remember faces!!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After reading the reviews for Marina Cafe I want to write my experiences! Generally I eat in here once a year - well it is opposite the P&O terminal!! The food is always hot and tasty and the traybakes & icecream are very good. If you eat in the portions are huge! Usually I be in during May and but this year I was in again in August on my way home from holidays - it was lovely to be recognised by Lorena - she only sees me once a year and yet we got a great welcome and enquired about our 'mum'. The pizza was 1st class as were the battered sausages. Thanks and hope to see you in May 2014! :)

• Visited August 2013
Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments they were much appreciated we are looking forward to seeing you again in may 2014 .

“Great food and better banter!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Went into the marina cafe as I'd been recommended the pizza's by a friend. Ordered four pizzas so had to wait about fifteen/twenty minutes for them (will know to phone ahead next time!) but the hilarity from the owner Lorena made the wait entertaining to say the least!! Lovely woman and the banter between her and other owner Roberto (brother I presume?) was brilliant! Don't understand other comments about staff relations as there was lots of laughter and chat between owners and staff! Pizza's were classic crispy Italian and extremely good value! Will definitely be back for another 12" chorizo and red onion!

Visited September 2013
Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your positive comment . im glad you enjoyed our pizzas . It is always best to phone your order in so you dont have to wait. hope to see you back soon , next time you are in let us knw that you left a comment on trip advisor .
Adelaide Hills, Australia
“Soggy Chips”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Come on guys. All we ask for is crunchy chips, ya know? They were just soggy and bad :( Surely thats the one job you should do best! Bah

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank str1pes
Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
sorry chips were soggy . its not always possible to get them crispy i have been in the business for over 25 years .chips will fry up crispy if served straight out of the pan once in the heater it depends on the quality of the potato they sometimes can go brown or soggy quickly . I can only apologise for the poor quality you received . I hope in future if you try us again i can offer you chips straight out the pan you will see the difference.
“Mixed”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Looking at other peoples reviews I can understand what they mean about food sometimes not being its best and staff being picked on in a way but on a whole it is a lovely place the food is good aslong as the chips etc are cooked to order and the staff on the whole seem to have a good relationship with owners even if there is conflict at time its the same in any business, the family and staff are all lovely and their icecream is the best in troon! On the whole a good experience

• Visited June 2013
Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your comments . we do try our best and it is always better to cook food to order but sometimes in busy times we have to cook a extra to cope with the queues, then it could dry out and not be as good i can only apologise . our policy is that if a customer is not satisfied with their order they should return it for a full refund or replacement. Thanks for understanding how stressful catering is. we do have a good relationship with our staff and they enjoy working here , sometimes we do have to get on to them as they do make mistakes everyone is only human including the management . Thanks for your comments on our ice cream being the best in Troon . hope to see you soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting. Filthy rat hole.”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

If the woman behind the counter focused as much on food as she did on shouting at the young trainee, maybe would be edible. Wouldn't serve their muck to a dog. My wife is ill after eating in this rat hole

• Visited June 2013
Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
The woman is my sister .
Iam sure she wasnt shouting at the trainee she would have been trying to get the staff to work properly as they have been trained . as for thre food not being edible i cant comment on that as i was not working the day you were in , if however you had brought the food back my sister would have offered you a full refund or cook you your order again.
We are not a rat hole our prenises are clean and we conform to all the hygiene laws and pass every inspection . Running a business like ours or any catering trade is stressfull we strive for perfection but we are only human and mistakes are made thank fully not very often as anyone can see most of our comments are possitive and we have many regular customers who would agree.