Piersland House Hotel
US$223
US$207
US$407
Old Loans Inn(Troon)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$123
US$151
US$95
US$113
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe cottagesred bowlthe main hotelcottage roomhoneymoon suitewonderful weddingwedding venuesunday nightwedding receptionfirst classwedding guestslovely hotelhigh standardcold buffetroyal troonfrom start to finishcourse meal
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel whilst attending a wedding. Called the hotel to obtain the discounted rate for wedding guests but was quoted a rate £20 higher than the online rate! Queried this but was assured this was definitely the correct rate, decided to just book online.

On checking in at the hotel I queried the room rate that had been quoted over the phone and was told by the receptionist that when a wedding is taking place in the hotel, all rooms are reserved for wedding guests only and because only a handful of rooms had been taken by the wedding guests, they had released the rooms and the rate was increased to make up the shortfall!! The receptionist then showed us where the breakfast would be served the next morning and I queried whether or not our booking had breakfast included (had looked at so many different rates, could not remember which one I had actually booked), she confirmed that breakfast was included and directed us to our room. Room was very nice, as was the rest of the hotel, traditional with a modern edge.

The next morning we went down for breakfast and being vegetarian I ordered the cooked breakfast minus the meat items. The first bite confirmed to me that everything was obviously cooked together as the whole breakfast tasted of meat. When checking out, I failed to notice that I had actually been charged for breakfast and when I returned to the reception a few moments later I was advised that my rate was room only, I explained that the receptionist yesterday had confirmed that we had breakfast included, to which the reply was "she would not have told you that!" and that it was my responsibility to check my booking. I explained that I do not have a printer at home, which Is why I asked for confirmation if breakfast was included at reception when checking in. Again I was told by the 2 women in reception "no she would not have told you that". This carried on for approximately 10 minutes. I then mentioned that I had also been told the wedding rate guest was £130 per night and AGAIN was told this was not the case and that "no one would quote that rate" Everything I said to these 2 women was met with the same response, they did not say the actual word, liar, but continually told me that everything I was saying was incorrect and that no member of the staff would have said any of these things. My husband went back into the hotel to speak to a manager and the receptionist literally through her head to the side and said " he's there!" The manager agreed to check with the receptionist who checked us in and if she admitted she told us the wrong information, he would refund the breakfast and that he would call us back that afternoon. We fully expected that the receptionist would deny that she said this, but we are yet to find out, as 2 days later we still have not received a call from the manager as promised!

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and have never came across such arrogance and bad attitude from front of house staff, Up until the last few minutes of our stay we had been looking forward to returning to this hotel but we most definitely will not return now, nor would we recommend this hotel to others. Its a shame that the front of house staff ruin this hotel, as it really is a beautiful hotel, situated in lovely grounds!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank vicki b
kuhler, Operations Director at Piersland House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Dear Vicky,

It was a plessure to speak to you on the telephone. I am delighted to hear that we have resolved the issues you raised to your satisfaction and that you are happy to return in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Karel Kuhler

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Arrived late afternoon.
shown to the lodges overlooking the golf course
rooms modern and spacious with everything you need.
small walk back to the main hotel where we dined for the evening.
food good more like pub food than hotel food with very large portions with chips and onion rings if you get the picture.
Had breakfast the next morning which was excellent kippers cooked to perfection and deboned just prior to serving.
overall very pleasant stay

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We loved our stay in this lovely hotel. The original part of the hotel has fab fireplaces and wood panels. We stayed in the lodges which have a separate lounge area. These are modern and well fitted out with flat screen TV's and comfy beds. The food was excellent particularly the range of choice - try the chicken and haggis parcels. Beach close as is the town center. Staff helpful and professional

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My friend has her wedding reception here on 2nd September 2011! It was absolutely amazing! The hotel is beautiful as are the grounds. We had an amazing room that was huge with a massive modern bathroom!

The wedding meal was gorgeous and the place was made to look lovely. The reception at night was great too. The staff were very helpful especially the wedding coordinator.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely!

ANyone who is having their wedding here is very lucky and will have a fabulous time!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We cannot understand any bad reviews regarding this hotel. We have stayed at many top hotels including Radisson, Hilton and Marriot and Piersland House Hotel excels them all. To date we have stayed 6 times in two months and every occasion was 5 Star, friendly and professional staff and service, great food and reasonably priced drinks. The rooms within the hotel are as superior as the lodges and as for the bad reviews regarding the lodges are 'NOISY' this is untrue as we have stayed in a roadside lodge and no noise could be heard.

Room Tip: Room 4 is our favourite
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple