Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$154
Agoda.com
eDreamsUS$154
FindHotel
1,237 results
All reviews the cottages the main hotel mews room honeymoon suite first class superior room lovely hotel high standard royal troon following morning night break both nights golf course enjoyable stay from start to finish breakfast was excellent an overnight stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2008

I am staying at the Piersland House Hotel on business, currently on week one of three. I was allocated one of the cottages in the hotel grounds which is ideal for me!

The cottage consists of a living area, double bedroom and en-suite bathroom. You enter the cottage from the outside straight into the living area which has a three seater settee, desk, sideboard with inbuilt fridge and wall mounted flat screen TV with various satellite channels. The fridge has a couple of bottles of mineral water and two glasses inside but can be filled as a mini bar by contacting reception. Tea and coffee making facilities together with various biscuits are also available in the living area. On the downside there was no INTERNET access available but I managed to connect ok using my own HSDPA card via the cellular telephone network.

Off the living area is a very comfortable double bedroom with a large double bed complete with a good selection of pillows. There is a dressing table, wardrobe and two bedside tables. The wardrobe is not huge but offered sufficient room for me to hang all the clothes I needed for the week. There is a second wall mounted flat screen TV in the bedroom offering a good range of terrestrial and satellite channels.

The en-suite consists of a bath with overhead shower, toilet and small hand basin. All functional enough but the shower was only just hot enough for me, it could have done with being a little hotter but perfectly usable.

There are two central heating radiators one in the living area and one in the bedroom which seemed only to work late in the evening or in the early morning.

The cottage is nice and peaceful located in the beautiful gardens surrounding the hotel and I had no bother dropping off to sleep in the evenings.

For my purposes having a wee cottage was ideal for me a bit like having a small home available whilst actually being away from home.

The main hotel has a lovely ornate "olde worlde" feel about it with most areas being wood panelled with tapestry. The dining area and bar have an added conservatory which inevitably draws you to wards the outside terrace where you can wind down with a drink in the evening whilst looking out over the immaculate lawn and gardens.

Food at the hotel is first class ! The cooked breakfasts are enormous, delicious and piping hot ! There is also a fantastic range of cereals, fruit, cheese etc, something for everyone!

Dinner is equally delicious with a good choice of food and wine available at surprisingly reasonable prices!

Perhaps not surprisingly (Royal Troon is just across the road) the hotel seems to be occupied predominately by golfers although there were a number of other business people staying this week. It seems that the restaurant is also frequented by locals in the evening who obviously recognise the great food at good prices!

The staff are all very helpful, friendly, efficient and really seem to want you to enjoy your stay!

Two weeks to go and so far I'm delighted I chose this hotel.

I'll try and get some photographs up next week.

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank EdinburghBiker
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Like previous reviewers, we were given a "suite" after we were told it would easily sleep 3 adults.This hotel is rated 4stars. The room was in the long line of attached cottage rooms...looks like an old Route 66 style building. My review is about this room, we never saw one in the main hotel. We needed a room for my smoker husband in the now smoke free Scotland. Because he could step right out the door into the gravel parking area, we thought this would work. We were given room 18. When we opened the door we were greeted by large flies waiting for us as they flew around the room. A hide a bed couch was opened up..it looked like it would collapse if our daughter sat on it. Small TV sat upon a desk about 12 inches from the foot of the pull out. The bedroom was made up to be a king...they used the two spreads from twins to cover the king, so the kick skirts laid in the middle of the lumpy bed with limp pillows. The head board was falling off one side of the wall where it had been attached. The bathroom was tile, clean with limp linens. A very disinterested staff greeted us when we checked in. The grass area was full of screaming kids running loose. We had just left two 5 star hotels in Edinburgh and Aberdeen...we paid the same for their beautifully appointed rooms or less than the 150gbp we were being charge for this room that looked sad and in need of a total upgrade. Though it was clean, we were not about to pay that price for something like that room. We immediately checked out, went to Ayr and checked into a lovely 4 star hotel there, with rooms 50% bigger at only 105gbp.

Date of stay: May 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mama4llama
Reviewed 13 May 2008

We checked in expecting just a classy room. When we got to our cottage we opened the door to a sofa, armchair, satellite TV, minibar and desk. But where's the bed? It's in a room off to the side. So we actually had a suite!

Nice touches like designer soap & shampoo etc. in the bathroom, an umbrella in the room for guests' use (they know what the Ayrshire weather can be like!) really go to show how much care and attention to detail they put into things, and really made us feel special.

The hotel is about a mile from the centre of Troon, but the hotel's two restaurants and bars mean that eating in is probably the best option. The menu suits all tastes, from fish & chips or sausage & mash, through to sweet & sour chicken or mexican fajitas. And the food tasted great too, we ate here on Saturday night, and again at Sunday lunch. And in spite of the plush, elegant surroundings, the cost was very reasonable.

If I was coming back to Ayrshire I would try and stay here again if I could be sure of getting the weekend special rate (GBP100 per room per day) that we managed to get this time round.

Date of stay: May 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve147
Reviewed 22 February 2008

We had our wedding at this hotel last year and a lot of our guests stayed at the hotel. We stayed for 2 nights and had a fantastic day. Believe it or not it was probably the warmest day of they year.

The hotel grounds looked absolutely stunning with the sun shining it made the gardens look even more special. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful, especially Ashely who was the co-ordinator for our wedding.

We stayed in a cottage on the first night which has a sitting room, bedroom and bathroom. The decor is modern and the rooms were really clean to a hight standard. A few of our guests also stayed in cottages and some in the hotel. Not all the cottages had been refurbished but the majority of them were. The ones that were done were stunning.

On the second night we stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was also lovely.

The food is fantastic. We eat in the restaurant on the first night and the second night was the wedding meal. Breakfasts were fab as well.

The hotel is only a short walk to the beach. We got some of our wedding photos taken over at the beach. When we got our album it looked like we had been abroad for our wedding.

I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We are looking forward to going back to the hotel for our anniversary.

Date of stay: July 2007
Reviewed 6 October 2007

We stayed at the Piersland prior to flying off for a short break. It's location is close to Prestwick Airport. The Hotel is not too large and has lodges within the grounds. Entry into the hotel is by a tree lined entrance with very well cared for gardens and a super view of the golf course. On arrival our room was not quite ready and rather than have us wait, they upgraded us to a superior room. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were attentive whilst not overbearing. We ate in the hotel and the food was first class. I would recommend this hotel for a short or longer stay. It is ideal for touring the west coast. Troon is a very quiet location so not for the "wild". I am sure it will be a busy attraction in the height of the summer as it appears to be a popular setting for weddings. I could find no fault with this hotel and will certainly go back again.

Date of stay: October 2007