“Simply Recommended”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
“Simply Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was a short 2 day, Dinner, B & B break in a hotel where our family have enjoyed a previous stay and was recommended by them a 'your sort of hotel'.

The bedroom we were given was excellent; clean, warm, comfortable with a very modern en-suite. The food was also everything that we had hoped for and more and the table service was first class.

The only shortcoming was the absence of a lift to the bedrooms which I am aware of because of a bad knee. However, reception staff, without having to be asked, took our cases to the room.

We would recommend this hotel and would hope to return some time.

Room Tip: Be aware that some of the rooms at the rear of the hotel back on to the ventilation system extractor...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We recently had our wedding at the Piersland-a very small affair just the two of us and two members of staff (Robert and Samantha) very kindly acted as our witnesses. We stayed at one of the cottages which was excellent and really comfortable. Everything was fantastic and the staff worked hard to ensure we had a wonderful day. Food was first class and we are looking forward to returning.

Fiona and Colin, Glasgow

Room Tip: The cottages are spacious with a separate lounge .
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excelled my expectations beautiful interior, rooms excellent,sparklingly clean warm and very comfortable. Service was fantastic, orders taken and delivered timeously - compliments to everyone who works at the Piersland!!!,

courteous and friendly staff. Food was brill! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Arriving at the front of the hotel there was no access for my wheelchair but after a friend went and enquired we were given directions to a side door which was in total darkness making it almost impossible to get the wheelchair from the boot of the car and assemble it, however after 20 minutes my friends managed it. Got to the area where the wedding reception was taking place, then we were treated to the deafening noise of a smoke alarm which went on for 10 minutes, probably set off by a girls hair going up in flames after she went too close to a tea light candle on her table. There was a constant smell of chicken burning in an oven which we later found out to be the popcorn machine. Time for me to attempt to go to the totally inadequate disabled toilet which was down 3 steps and needed a ramp to access it. The safety rails at the toilet were badly maintained and when lifted to the up position quickly fell back down striking my wife on the back of her head. That done decided to go out for a smoke to the unlit area outside which had black 3ft high poles dotted around making it almost impossible to maneuver my wheelchair. Minutes later a man came out for a smoke and tripped and fell over a small unlit wall. Very nice hotel but not good for weddings as everyone had to sit in separate rooms, usually weddings take place in an area big enough for all the guests to be in the same area. Apart from that we had a reasonably good night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We were staying here for a friends wedding.
The staff were really helpful and couldn't do enough, apart from one bar maid.
Slightly disappointed at the room. It was a bit tired decor wise. Stain on the wall, table chipped, large crack across bathroom floor which had since chipped leaving rough, dangerous edge. (I did report this when I checked out and the receptionist said that she would pass it on to the handy man.) I have to say, it did look like old damage.
The bathroom was also tiny. I was gutted when I realised we didn't have a bath.
On a positive note the food was outstanding and the communal areas really pleasant and homely with log fires.
The outside space looked lovely. A great place for a summer wedding.
I would definitely go back but hopefully get a better bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013
Bearsden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We called in again for lunch at this superb eaterie and once again were not disappointed. Food superb, staff top drawer and doing their jobs to a very high standard on a very busy Saturday afternoon. Always a joy, can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Prestwick, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

When I was growing up my mum and dad used to take my brothers and I a run to Troon every now and again because they got married there. When we drove past the Piersland I used to hope that one day I would get married at the hotel and on the 25th of August this year I did.
It was a dream come true.
My husband and I decided straight away that we were going to have our wedding day here and our experience from beginning to end was fantastic.
The hotel must deal with many weddings and is a busy hotel at the best of times, yet nowhere is tired. Everything is maintained to a high standard. This is highly evident when you visit early in the morning as we did in the planning stages.
All staff were lovely, the young boy Martin from Newcastle was fantastic on the first few meetings we had. Very organised, knew his job well and had a lovely manner. Then Alastair took over and he did amazingly by us. Even though his jaw must have dropped when he saw all the stuff we had to drop off for the wedding! We ran late for the meal on the day because our daughter was ill and he stayed so calm and organised and did a wonderful job. He really was excellent.
Our meal was fantastic, everyone raved about the lamb, but all courses were delicious.
Angela on the desk was great fun and helpful with all the gifts that had to go up to the room at night.
We had about ten or eleven rooms booked on the night from the wedding party. Everyone has said what lovely rooms they had and how much they enjoyed their stay. And breakfast was a treat.
A huge positive for us was how well the hotel facilitated our wee ones we have a 12 year old, 5 year old, 3 year old and a 2 year old and the kids never felt like a problem, were well catered for at meal time, loved the lawn and the play area and cot beds were provided for the little ones at night.
Also very helpful that my parents could take their dog up to stay in the room overnight.
I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough, it was a complete delight and I would visit every week if I could.

Room Tip: The cottage rooms where my parents stayed were lovely and quite roomy considering they had all four...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
Western House Hotel
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon

Been to Piersland House Hotel? Share your experiences!