“Great setting, good food.”

Piersland House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Attended a wedding here recently and thought that the setting was terrifice. Good weather allows you to sit out on the wooden porch overlooking the lawns. The food was excellent and everyone was commenting on how well each of the courses were cooked to perfection and well presented. Really well done to the chef and kitchen staff. For a hotel of this standing the drink prices are very reasonable. Although I live locally, it has not been a hotel that I have used that much in the past but that is now going to change.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My brother got married in this hotel. I was best man. It was a glorious day which complimented the beautiful hotel and gardens. I stayed for 2 nights. Breakfast was excellent. The manager and MC for the wedding was excellent and the meal for the wedding was also excellent with regard to the food and service. My issue was with the bar staff and bar arrangements. For the evening function they opened another bar just for the wedding party, which makes sense. However, this bar was understaffed and we had to queue to get served. As a result i went back to the original bar where there was 2 bar staff with no customers but they refused to serve me because this bar was now 'for residents only' I explained the queue at the other bar and the fact I was in fact a resident because this was my second night staying there. I was then told that the bar was closed. At this time the assistant manger happened to come by and was nothing short of rude bearing in mind all they had to do to have happy customer was allow me to buy a drink somewhere without queueing. He did put more staff in the wedding bar who were clearly not happy when serving. As the night went on we were having to clear our tables. In my view as soon as the senior manger left, the standard of service went downhill. It was an excellent wedding at an excellent location but this incident did sour the experience as other guests were agahst at how customers could be treated. To make a complaint would sour the experience further and thankfully, the bride and groom were not made aware of the situation.

Room Tip: If booking a wedding ensure a senoir manager will be present at all times.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Murray M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Belated review; stay 19th and 20th April 2014
Lovely location, able to stroll along quiet coastal pathway into Troon. Young lady on reception on the Sunday morning went out of her way to grant a request I made (afraid I don't have her name) and one of the waiters from the restaurant, Alan, on meeting us at reception was able to address me by name which was nice and made us feel more like welcome guests rather than just paying visitors.

Room Tip: Room tip: lodges are nice and a little different from hotel rooms; also very quiet being across the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was fortunate to have recently stayed at the Piersland House Hotel during the first part of a 10 day trip to Scotland. Location was great as we played golf at Royal Troon (literally across the road), Prestwick, and Turnberry golf courses; and the local train station was very close as well. Hotel has a very professional and courteous staff from the front desk through the dining room and restaurant. Room was clean. Hotel staff was very helpful in terms of recommending area restaurants and attractions, as well as very helpful with arranging transportation and other services. On site restaurant and bar was very nice; good food and drink. Would definitely consider staying at this hotel during any future trip to Scotland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Held our wedding here on 20th June 2014. From the day we booked, right up until the big day, Martin Smit and his team were nothing short of outstanding. Hotel, food, staff were top notch. The location, simply stunning. To top it all the weather was beautiful. Returning next year for our first year anniversary.
I would highly recommend the Piersland House Hotel.

Damon & Ellen Auld

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful. Very tastefully decorated.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We attended a wedding at this lovely hotel and from the minute we arrived until leaving we were most impressed with the grounds, outdoor seating area, old fashioned but attractive interior, the bright and spacious conservatory and the friendly, professional and helpful staff. We stayed in a lodge which was perfect in every way, faultless. Our wedding meal was a BBQ and compliments to the chef as the food was delicious especially the sea bass! Breakfast in the morning was excellent too with a great choice of fruit juices, cereals, yogurts, fruit, pastries, etc and cooked breakfast all served by smiling staff. I could highly recommend Piersland House Hotel as a wedding venue.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Unfortunately for us we only stayed one night. Arrived mid afternoon and took a stroll around the Troon Golf course which was across the street from the Hotel. Our room was lovely, one of the additions along the road. Spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly. Dinner was excellent in the restaurant and breakfast was delicious. Beautiful old hotel in lovely condition with gorgeous gardens. We would love to go back one day and spend more time.

Room Tip: If you are a golfer this may be the place to stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
#2 of 17 in Ayr
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#4 of 6 in Troon

Been to Piersland House Hotel? Share your experiences!