“Tired run down in need of hotel inspector”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Troon
The Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We bought a groupon deal which was great £40 for 2 for 1 night bed and breakfast when we got to reception we weren't even asked if we wanted a twin room as it was myself and my friend when we originally phoned to book we weren't even asked if it was double or twin we needed, receptionist was ok but not very helpful, when we got in our room which was all way back of hotel down a dingy hall we were totally shocked at the decor it's very run down and tired and dirty it had a disabled toilet I felt as if we were given this room coz of the groupon deal it's as if they keep these kind if rooms for things like that the bed had no headboard and the wall behind bed was dirty there were not enough sockets for chargers etc there was a socket behind the big cupboard but myself and friend weren't going to move it to use it, the view out the window was into the beer garden and right into look of neighbour flats on the website there are far nicer rooms we felt very let down and unappreciated the mattress was the cheapest of cheap and very "springy" everytime you turned a spring would push into your side or back the breakfast was ok staff in breakfast room were nice and friendly we didn't stay to have dinner as felt uncomfortable eating in there, at 10am on Sunday morning there was no one at reception it was closed up so couldn't even view my opinion to them which I felt was poor think reception should be manned at all times through day especially when people are due to check out def would not return

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Ann Summers R
There are newer reviews for The Anchorage Hotel

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Firstly, I want to be clear that this review is based solely on the booking process (or lack of!) and not on my stay - simply because I never actually managed to book a room!!

I wanted to book a two night stay for my birthday in July and so called The Anchorage on a Saturday afternoon to check availability and book. My call was clearly picked up in the bar and I was advised that they were busy and I should call back after 6pm. I called back after 6pm and was told reception was closed so I should call back the next day. I called the following day and was told there was nobody available to take my booking and could I call back later. I called back later and was told Reception was closed! The lady I spoke to took my details and assured me someone would call me back "as soon as possible". After receiving no call over the weekend, I sent an email asking them to respond or call me to confirm availablity for my chosen dates. That was over a week ago and I have still not received a phonecall.

Very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bev83
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We found this on a Groupon deal, paid £69 for 2 nights BnB with 2 course meal and wine on the 1st night. We stayed in the McCallan suite - a huge room with 4 poster comfy bed- great view- huge couch, dressing table, tv etc.. 2 stairs down to large mirrored wardrobes and bathroom with shower over bath, toiletries also provided.Some tlc needed but overall well heated, very clean room. Tea/coffee making facilities - everything you need really. The food is amazing, we also ate there on the 2nd night of our stay - breakfast is fantastic and the staff are very friendly. An absolute bargain , will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MazzaaM
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family and I have been going to The Anchorage for years now and the food has always been excellent. Recently though I have found it to bea bit expensive for what it is. I mentioned this place to a friend recently and his response was the same "good food but overpriced" which prompted me to submit this review.
I've never used the hotel facilities

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tommyinayr
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Visited here under a groupon deal. Rome we were allocated was a family sized room, double and single bed with a couch facing a tv. Alongside a cracking sea view. Yes the room could have done with a lick of paint, so what. The service received throughout our duration at this hotel was fabulous. Checked in nicely, offered a reservation for dinner. Service at dinner was wonderful, not only checked on bit asks if we required anything else. As for the quality of dinner it was beyond good. Best cooked/value steak I've had in a long time. Overall really enjoyed my time here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lehxi
Reviewed 2 March 2014

just back from the anchorage hotel had such a good time the staff are lovely and the food and service was brill, the rooms are basic but good value for the money. we done the groupon deal which included breakfast and a bottle of wine, great atmosphere would defiantly go back. saw some other reviews that people were complaining, but seriously what do u expect for £20

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank carla b
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for one night as part of a voucher deal which we received as a present.we wouldn't have chosen too stay at this hotel ourselves and having read some previous reviews we weren't completely looking forward too it,however when we arrived we were dealt with quickly and efficiently and directed too our room which was number 4.Our room was spacious,comfy,warm with tea and coffee making facilities and a view of the sea across the road.As previous reviews stated the hotel could do with a little more tlc but bearing in mind the building is over 200 years old it's not too bad.As part of our deal we were entitled to an evening meal in the bar downstairs which was lovely although the choice of menu was pretty limited.We also had breakfast the next morning which again was lovely with pleasant service.Overall we had a pleasant stay with good service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdedwards2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
#4 of 6 in Troon
Piersland House Hotel
Western House Hotel
Lochgreen House Hotel

Been to The Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!