“Terrible Experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Troon
The Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Troon
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We first arrived to find the reception upstairs in which my husband who has walking difficulties had major trouble , there were never any mention of this , please do not even attempt to visit this hotel if your disabled

No Lifts

Finally we got into our room which the window was boarded up because of a crack...we complained and was issued another room which was much better but as we began to unpack we had a chap at the door saying , sorry you cant have this room i didnt realise this....again we trailed along to another room which was not fit for anyone to stay in...it was totally disgusting and filthy

We had booked a two night stay but decided to leave the next morning to which we lost our money but my husband just could not handle this hotel

What ever happened to catering for the disabled

Shocking and will never be back

Room Tip: No rooms are good, this hotel needs to be closed down...ooooo hotel emm no this is a pub with a few...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Linda195606

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night break with my girlfriend using a Groupon deal. £69 for two nights B&B with two course meal for two with a glass of wine on the first night.
We were met at the bar and taken up to reception to fill in the necessary paperwork and to get the keys.
Our room (no.11) was on the top floor. It was clean, very warm and a good size.
The decor may be in need of dome TLC, but we really could not complain.
Our meal in the bar was excellent and our breakfast was really enjoyable.
Would definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donald M
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Just back today from a two night stay with my friend as we do this sort of thing regular to relax and a good old chat. Great deal from Groupon for two nights and all in all, staff, food, and friendliness couldn't be faltered. Didn't manage to get a sea view but not the end of the world there. Rooms were clean and although not 5 star, the staff well made up for it. Great parking right outside and a few minutes walk to be in the heart of Troon. Will be looking out for more deals for this hotel as it was a great one. Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We bought a groupon deal which was great £40 for 2 for 1 night bed and breakfast when we got to reception we weren't even asked if we wanted a twin room as it was myself and my friend when we originally phoned to book we weren't even asked if it was double or twin we needed, receptionist was ok but not very helpful, when we got in our room which was all way back of hotel down a dingy hall we were totally shocked at the decor it's very run down and tired and dirty it had a disabled toilet I felt as if we were given this room coz of the groupon deal it's as if they keep these kind if rooms for things like that the bed had no headboard and the wall behind bed was dirty there were not enough sockets for chargers etc there was a socket behind the big cupboard but myself and friend weren't going to move it to use it, the view out the window was into the beer garden and right into look of neighbour flats on the website there are far nicer rooms we felt very let down and unappreciated the mattress was the cheapest of cheap and very "springy" everytime you turned a spring would push into your side or back the breakfast was ok staff in breakfast room were nice and friendly we didn't stay to have dinner as felt uncomfortable eating in there, at 10am on Sunday morning there was no one at reception it was closed up so couldn't even view my opinion to them which I felt was poor think reception should be manned at all times through day especially when people are due to check out def would not return

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Ann Summers R
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Firstly, I want to be clear that this review is based solely on the booking process (or lack of!) and not on my stay - simply because I never actually managed to book a room!!

I wanted to book a two night stay for my birthday in July and so called The Anchorage on a Saturday afternoon to check availability and book. My call was clearly picked up in the bar and I was advised that they were busy and I should call back after 6pm. I called back after 6pm and was told reception was closed so I should call back the next day. I called the following day and was told there was nobody available to take my booking and could I call back later. I called back later and was told Reception was closed! The lady I spoke to took my details and assured me someone would call me back "as soon as possible". After receiving no call over the weekend, I sent an email asking them to respond or call me to confirm availablity for my chosen dates. That was over a week ago and I have still not received a phonecall.

Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bev83

Travellers are raving about these Troon hotels

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We found this on a Groupon deal, paid £69 for 2 nights BnB with 2 course meal and wine on the 1st night. We stayed in the McCallan suite - a huge room with 4 poster comfy bed- great view- huge couch, dressing table, tv etc.. 2 stairs down to large mirrored wardrobes and bathroom with shower over bath, toiletries also provided.Some tlc needed but overall well heated, very clean room. Tea/coffee making facilities - everything you need really. The food is amazing, we also ate there on the 2nd night of our stay - breakfast is fantastic and the staff are very friendly. An absolute bargain , will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MazzaaM
Scotland
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family and I have been going to The Anchorage for years now and the food has always been excellent. Recently though I have found it to bea bit expensive for what it is. I mentioned this place to a friend recently and his response was the same "good food but overpriced" which prompted me to submit this review.
I've never used the hotel facilities

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tommyinayr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Parkstone
Parkstone
#1 of 6 in Prestwick

Been to The Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!