“Excellent”
Review of South Beach Hotel

South Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent, would not hesitate to go back. Very welcoming, all the staff were very friendly. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the rooms well equipped, we had three rooms and all were good.,Breakfast was very good. Perfect location for Beach, Golf and Town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Chester01829
There are newer reviews for South Beach Hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2014

As the title of this review suggests,I felt as if I had been whacked over the back of my heid with a cricket bat when I arrived here. It reminded me of the old folks home my granny lived in back in the 70's...... 4 and a half stars...... Number 3 Troon hotel...come on the place is a dump!
It was probably a braw place back in the early 70's but it's very tired and dated now, like many other seaside town hotels in Scotland - it's needing brought into the 21st century.
My room had a nice view....of a brick wall ...and the bed was like a board, everything worked though, it was just old. Pine furniture, ancient kettle, electric shower etc.
The breakfast finishes at 09:30 so if your on holiday don't sleep late or you will go hungry, mind you I went in at 9am and there was no Kippers left.. Hello, is Troon not a fishing port? so it was poached eggs and help yourself from the breakfast bar. Usual selection of cereals but the milk had been been left sitting all morning in school dinner style plastic jugs on a sideboard and inevitably warm. I hate cereal with room temperature milk. Another thing that annoyed me was, why is there so much crap on the table? I could hardly find a spot to lay my plate down for jars of jam, jugs of milk vase of flowers menus etc.i could hardly eat for fear of knocking things over!
Wifi....when I asked about it I was told to find a seat in that corner over there as it's the only place the wi fi works. I looked over and there was about 6 people sitting on the sofa,iPads in hand.
It's. Not cheap either, £55 per person that's £110 for a double, if you are on your own it's £60.
Troon obviously attracts visitors because of the Golf course - which is exceptional, it's a pity this hotels accommodation doesn't reflect this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank fflyingfish
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is our second year staying here and the staff are excellent nothing they will not help you out with.The food is top class and what you would expect from a five star hotel.The building retains the element of a family run hotel and the building retains all the character of the area.The rooms are clean and tidy.Also ideal for the beach which is a stones through away with the town centre 5 minutes away.The hotel is ideal if you want to explore the ayrshire scenery and also the many excellent golf courses

Room Tip: Try and get one of the rooms at the top facing the sea/beach
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gerjuls
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed at South beach on 9th and 10th May. In Troon to play golf. Perfect accommodation for our trip. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend. Location is excellent. Bar is busy with guests and locals.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank PEH10000
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel weekend begining 8th May which is an ideal location if you are a golfer.Staff were very friendly,efficient and professional. Food was of the highest quality.The bar was busy with a mixture of locals and holiday makers with frienly atmosphere. I look forward to returning. RH

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rob_Ham1951
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a party of 19 last week end. The experience was first class thoughout the whole weekend. The staff were well trained and efficient. the food was of a very high standard. and the management of the hotel was a joy.Nothing was too much trouble of anyone and all tasks carried out with a smile. Thank you all for a great week end.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Irene P
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Having reviewed this hotel after our previous visit I wasn't going to write another chapter but after reading the previous review I felt I had too. I am the lead for a golf party of 20 who have just returned from our third year at the South Beach Hotel,and we have already rebooked for next year,that in itself tells you something. Whilst I can not comment on the room review itself all I will say is all my party were complimentary on their rooms. The hotel is not 'grotty',the hotel is full of character,it's much better than the uniformed type of your big branded/nationwide hotel. I am not sure who the reviewer had check them in but the reception staff(x3) I dealt with we're pleasant,happy and professional. The waiting and bar staff could not be faulted either,always serving you with a smile on their faces. The food is of a very good standard,varied and well priced.

Room Tip: 304.amazing views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gracie42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
Western House Hotel
Parkstone
Parkstone
#1 of 5 in Prestwick

Been to South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!