Lochgreen House Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Parkstone(Prestwick)
View Hotel
All reviewsamuse boucherooms are hugefirst classcoffee and petit foursquichedrawing roommalt roomfunction suiteafternoon tealoch greenhighest qualitylog firebeautiful hotelspecial occasiontop classsandwicheslounge area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

In a taxi from Troon station, driving past Royal Troon on the right, I look left on say 'WOW look at that place ... the taxi turns left.

First impressions as you probably guessed were decent. At check-in I was given a giant key, as it turned out it was for my giant room. As the title says 'enough room to swing a tiger'. Room was delightful, large bed and TV, standalone bath and a shower that gave me an aggressive beating in the morning. Breakfast was to order which I like, none of this buffet crap, Stornaway black pudding was the highlight.

All in all you can't really go wrong staying in a place like this, I am going back ... if they'll have me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulThomas46
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here on business and thoroughly enjoyed the property. Room was immaculate with huge bathroom (shower and tub) and very comfortable bed. Staff were very attentive....a really lovely hotel which impressed my American gusts too.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mikee_MB
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Lochgreen Hotel on the 5th October as a belated birthday treat from him to me. This was our first visit to the hotel. We booked the dinner, bed and breakfast package and were very impressed with everything from start to finish. The accommodation is luxurious, the food is of a very high standard and is delicious,and the staff are highly professional, attentive and welcoming. If we were to have one complaint it would be that the drinks service was rather slow, but this was no fault of the restaurant staff who were having to apologise for the pace of the service. This, however, did not impact negatively on our overall impression of the hotel and we will definitely come here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise H
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Had a meal here with friends. Setting and house is beautiful, however some of the food was below the standard I expected from this hotel. My starter had very little haddock and was tasteless. I had fillet steak for my main which was the highlight of my meal and was tasty, however the Jamaican ginger bread dessert was overcooked and very dry. Expected better than average food at Lochgreen.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pwick21
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Yet again my husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Lochgreen. The food is second to none and service and attention by the staff fantastic. We love eating here as you are always made very welcome and special. Would highly recommend dining here to anyone who enjoys good food and first class service. We will be back again soon !

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple