“Always a pleasure”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The staff are always welcoming and efficient .and the rooms first class.prices very fair compared to lower grade hotels south of the border.
Quality haven puts you in the right mood for business.ps the shower in room 30 is much better force than some of the others.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed at the Lochgreen Hotel prior to a family wedding. The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and felt luxuriant in a definite Scottish baronial style. The rest of the hotel, including the restaurant, was of a similar high standard.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in the area wanting a little bit of luxury.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I attended lochgreen in march for my dad's wedding and brought my mum for lunch in December and both times it was brilliant. The wedding was well looked after by the mc and the staff very helpful. When I brought my mum for lunch the food and service were both exquisite indeed. On both occasions the young manager craig was very helpful.

Stayed December 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Yet again I was welcomed most warmly by all the staff, despite the fact that I was later than intended checking in - it was no trouble to arrange a table for dinner, literally at 5 minutes notice. Dinner was delicious, and the chef accommodated my food allergies perfectly. The care and attention here is second to none, and nothing was too much trouble. I had my "usual" room, with a very comfortable bed and a magnificent bathroom. I met many friends from previous Hogmanay parties, so there was an element of "coming home". Hogmanay dinner was wonderful - the beef was so tender it was like cutting through softened butter and the taste was devine. A couple, new to the celebrations, were very impressed by the round tables enabling them to mix and get to know other revellers, and so it was a brilliant way to greet 2014. Needless to say, I have already booked for next year!!! All the best for 2014.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel was suggested to us and my wife and I visited mid December. This is an excellent hotel and offers all one expects of a top class country house hotel. Comfortable lounges to enjoy chat and coffee and a little but very interesting gift shop. The bedrooms were spacious, well furnished and spotless, complemented with an equally spacious bathroom
The restaurant was easily three rosette standard - a superb dinner was enjoyed by us both - and the wine list is not over the top
The only grouse we would have was at breakfast where we found the service not as attentive as we would expect - for instance both our orders were wrong and the service a bit laid back.
Above said - we will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
glasgow
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Lochgreen House hotel on many ocassions. On each ocassion, we say the meals we enjoyed were the best ever, however, they just keep getting better and better. The hotel has such a lovely relaxing atmosphere.

The staff are all lovely and so helpful and attentive. I am gluten intolerant and it is never an issue with the Restaurant staff, who consistently impress me with delicious food. The rooms are excellent and absolutely spotless. The hotel grounds are always stunning.

My sisters and sister in law & I enjoyed a ladies festive sparkle night and each of them commented how wonderful it was.

We cannot wait to retun once again to Lochgreen House hotel in the New year.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank globetrottersGlasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Loch green never fails to impress. The spa is amazing, as is the afternoon lunch you can get afterwards. The rooms are huge and beautiful. They are absolutely spotless. The baths are massive and so relaxing. The 5 course dinner is lovely, always a good choice on the menu and food is always beautiful. The staff are ever so polite and always consider your needs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is simply wonderful and I will return to it as many times as I can.

Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
Gailes Restaurant and Hotel
Parkstone
Parkstone
#1 of 6 in Prestwick

Been to Lochgreen House Hotel? Share your experiences!