“Quality, quality, quality”

Lochgreen House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a fabulous hotel, with the most beautiful grounds, scrumptious food, and the bedrooms are just stunning! They have done a really great job converting what was a family home.

Attended a family wedding and wasn't quite sure what to expect but the hotel facilities and staff were top class. If you are in the area you should pay a visit. Troon's finest.

Worth every penny and we will certainly be back for another visit. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DH_Perth

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I got married in this hotel so we may be a bit biased. Whilst not for the everyday diner this is a superb hotel for a special occasion. The hotel itself is situated in magnificent gardens with views overlooking the Firth of Clyde and the Isle of Arran.

The hotel is staffed by very friendly and attentive staff who look after all your needs and are constantly asking if everything is okay, without being intrusive.

The food which is served in a very well appointed restaurant is first class and falls into the 'fine dining' category.

In the days of fast food outlets it is great to see that we still have a quality of service second to none. Value for money? whilst not the cheapest, the standard of the food/service gets big 10/10 from me. If visiting the West of Scotland it is well worth making the effort to give this place a visit.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated in the middle of it's own extensive gardens, so noise should not be a prob...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOHN L
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have been staying for many years at The Marines along the 18th on Royal troon but on this trip my local friends told me to try this hotel and I wish they will have told me this before.
This is a great place, the service the moment you arrive at the front desk is so friendly, the room I was alocated was large and well furnished, the bed was very confortable. the bath room was also very nice and it is SO QUITE. next morning a walk in the gardens park was great and then the breakfast was excellent way to get energy for the day.
Parking is very easy and it all look very safe. for sure on my next trip in Troon I will stay there.

Room Tip: take the time to walk around the place
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank J-P D
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent two nights here for a friend's wedding and had a fabulous experience. The room was enormous and well appointed with a large outdoor area complete with table and chairs overlooking adjacent Troon golf course and the sea. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous at all times and the wedding itself went off without a hitch. Obviously a lot of the cost was taken care of by the bride and groom but the extras I purchased were not excessive considering the hotel's rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Recently had my birthday lunch with family here. To me, there is nowhere else that I would rather eat in. The food as usual was fantastic and the staff were very attentive looking after us. This is such a lovely place to have any celebration and was the highlight of my birthday. I would thoroughly recommend anyone wanting a superb meal and lovely setting look no further than Lochgreen.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kattroon
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had our Golden wedding lunch on Saturday in the Turner Room and from start to finish it was just a wonderful day. The staff were smart and attentive . The meal was delicious and everyone remarked on how they enjoyed it . The sunny day meant we could go outside to the garden which is so beautiful with a perfect view . Thank you and think we will return for our 51 st

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank weebracken
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was recently at a wedding here and while I had a fantastic time,I felt that was down to the people that were at the party rather than the venue and it's staff.I had never been before but had heard a lot about the place but found I was slightly let down. It was very expensive for drinks and while I don't mind paying a little more for high quality service I didn't really feel that's what I got! The staff were efficient but I felt that their general manner would have been more fitting for a funeral than a wedding, more smiling needed I think it goes a long way to making a person feel welcome. The location itself was lovely and I couldn't fault the grounds very well kept. The food left me dissapointed as I'd heard great things about it, it was lukewarm at best and while some things were nice, I feel you eat with your eyes first and the presentation was terrible. The rooms were nice and very spacious but way too pricy we didn't stay for just that reason. Overall it was a nice enough place but the bits that make all the difference were sadly lacking!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank justlittleoldtink
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
Western House Hotel
Seamill Hydro
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride

Been to Lochgreen House Hotel? Share your experiences!