We had two nights at Glenapp on the recommendation of a friend . Very attractive setting and nice large rooms .
We had dinner in the Michelin star restaurant ( no prices on Menu for dinner ) . Dinner was pleasant but certainly not outstanding. Staff helpful ,breakfast pleasant .
Everything was extra.Free overnight shoe cleaning that did not happen,Tea delivered to the rooms extra charge , After dinner drinks twice the price of the Hotel Du Vin in Glasgow.
We had a French waiter straight out of Tv comedy show which was most amusing
A lot of show but no substance .
Disappointing to say the least
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Scots Baronial castle set in 36 acres of stunning gardens and woodland overlooking the Ayrshire coastline and out to Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Arran and Mull of Kintyre. The castle is Scotland's highest rated Country House Hotel with 5 AA Red Stars and 4 AA Rosettes, 5 VisitScotland Gold Stars, EatScotland Gold Award and a Michelin Star. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Glenapp Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenapp Castle Ballantrae, Scotland
- Glenapp Castle Hotel Ballantrae