“Comfortable, quiet and very friendly!”

Auld Creamery House
Auld Creamery House
Ranked #2 of 7 Girvan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here just one night and were made very welcome and very comfortable. Linda and Martin are excellent hosts and provide their guests with all they may need. Their two cats are a bonus for cat-lovers, but are not introduced until Linda is sure they are welcome..... Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet D

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Martin & Linda worked very hard to make our 4 nights stay as enjoyable as possible. The Auld Creamery is a heritage building so you can expect sloping floors & shelves and a bit of home-handyman adaption. Only the main bedroom has an en-suite. Martin loves doing his breakfasts and having chats. Linda is very excited with all visitors. The B&B is 13kms from Girvan in a quiet village of about 13 houses. We enjoyed our stay very much because of our hosts and their generosity.

Room Tip: 1) The best restaurant is at Danure - not in Girvan. 2) The parking spot at the front is the best...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RetiredWazza
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Only stayed for one night as working in the area but it will be my first choice in future. Martin and Linda are excellent hosts and will make you feel very welcome. Lovely comfortable room and Martin cooks a great breakfast. Wish I had been working here longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed in the Auld Creamery whilst working nearby. Martin and Linda were tremendous hosts and made me feel extremley welcome. My room was immaculate, warm and homely, with a great powerful hot shower to end a hard days work. Each morning Martin was up cooking a fantastic fry up to set me up for the day, and when i returned home the kettle was always on! Great B+B, highly reccomended.

Room Tip: King size bed with en-suite. extremley comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jp783
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I enjoyed a 2 night stay at the auld creamery. The couple were extremely friendly and helpful. It was a pleasure staying here. Great food and very comfortable beds made my stay very enjoyable. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 472Mike472
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I checked into Auld Creamery House for an initial two nghts B&B to perform concerts in the area with a fellow folk musician. When we arrived we were not only given a friendly welcome and shown our rooms but we were invited to share in the comfy lounge downstairs and to help ourselves to a range of drinks in the big country kitchen. An added bonus for me, as I have arthritis, was my room being ensuite with a walk in shower. I also love cats and assured Linda that I'd like to meet hers - Hugh and Frida (Fred) made sure I felt welcome in their home and posed for endless photographs! Breakfast each morning was great and a very enjoyable experience chatting in the kitchen and watching through the glass door the wild birds having their breakfast at the feeding table outside.
I was so comfortable in Martin and Linda's home that when Martin offered to drive me to and from the Ciarnryan ferry and let me park my car in their back garden, I drove to Glasgow for a concert then changed my plans and returned the same evening to spend an extra night before catching my ferry. Thanks again Martin and Linda - I'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We stayed at the Auld creamery while working at the local wind farm. Martin and Lynda made us very welcome with fantastic rooms, great food and interesting conversation. We stayed on and off for over a month and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

If you want peace and quiet this is the place to stay. The river at the back of the house is very interesting and the wild life is great.

Thanks for making the time to take the several deliveries we had sent up, this was a great help.

If you're in the area and you need a place to stay this is the venue, you will not be dissapointed!

We will be back!

Kev, Tom, James, (the rat guys)

P.s great location for fell running, Martin sure does know the local area.

• Stayed: November 2012