“Fantastic- Stay here!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Girvan
Wildings Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Girvan
Auburn, Alabama
“Fantastic- Stay here!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Staying at Wildings has been a wonderful experience. Every staff person has been exceptionally welcoming and helpful. The rooms are nice and clean with extras (hair dryers, irons) provided. The restaurant has delicious meals, too. Great place to stay while exploring this beautiful countryside. We would not hesitate to book here again!

Room Tip: Ask if they have a room available with a view of the beach. Some rooms do have poor views so let the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have travelled thru Scotland as a group of five, having dined at some of the finest and most expensive restaurants In Scotland, and have all got multiple experiences dining all over the world. While Scottish dining may not be on par with some other countries, this place stands heads and tails above all others we attended - so much so, that we return for round two for our last night in the country. The selection of food options is truly impressive, as is the raeasonable pricing. The place was picked to the rafters, yet everyone got good efficient and timely service, and all of the food was prepared to our entire group's liking. That is a challenge to do everywhere. Congrats to Wildings for succeeding in showing us a fabulous meal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eric G
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

What a wee gem, excellent food, service and the staff were wonderful as well, especially Casandra who was always busy doing something. Rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated. Definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ronald G
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this place on a seaside trip to Maidens. We checked tripadvisor and were bowled over that a restaurant in this tiny village would come so highly rated by so many people. We turned up just after 12 and were surprised to be sat at a table literally at the bar as the place was dead. However, within minutes it started filling up with bookings and we actually started to feel lucky that we got a table at all. The staff were friendly enough but obviously very busy. We ordered the meatloaf and lobster bisque for our starters. The bread served with the bisque was fantastic and came with loads of soft butter. Delicious! Sadly the bisque itself was so overpowered with salt I could hardly taste any lobster from it at all. I actually enjoy quite a lot of salt but even for me this was as if the whole container was tipped in. My lips were numb and tingling and I had a terrible thirst once finished so not overly enjoyable. My husband did enjoy his meatloaf so we were still optimistic about this place. However, our main courses came out so quickly after the starters were finished that it ultimately filled me with dread.
The chilli was lacking rice and everything about my steak pie including the mash and gravy was salt overkill. I couldn't believe it! Not again! Was the chef not tasting the food as it was prepared? I was never so happy that we were offered and given a jug of water with our meal. I think I drank it all! We decided not to hang around for desserts and asked for our bill which we patiently waited for....and waited, then asked again and it was eventually brought to us. So we placed our debit card on top of the receipt at the edge of the table (as is the norm in most establishments) and waited and waited for someone to take it or even acknowledge it. Eventually my husband had to turn around and asked the barman how we pay and he said we had to pay at the reception desk. And what no one thought that was worth mentioning when handing over the bill to us or seeing our card on the table? So bizarre. However, we paid and left. As we got out we actually turned to each other and buckled laughing. Did that actually happen? Who is reviewing this place? I'd say it's definitely aimed at the older generation (no bad thing) and the clientele are evidence of that. But for us it is wasn't worthy of having the tripadvisor rating that it has for food, value or service. I would however say that the toilets are lovely and clean and the baby change facilities are good. And that's probably the best compliment I could pay Wildings.

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank iammrsmo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Turnberry Hotel but on checking Tripadvisor decided to have dinner at the Wildings Restaurant as the reviews looked great. I can honestly say it's well worth a visit. The food was outstanding, service was fantastic and staff were exceptionally friendly. Thank You!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I don't honestly think we have ever had a more enjoyable stay in any hotel.
The service levels of the staff was first class from the warmth of the welcome when we arrived from Cassandra, the waiter who insisted in bringing our drinks up to our room so that we could enjoy the stunning view,the waitress who when she found out that we were golfing in Troon, went and found a phone number so that we could check if the course was open.
The quality of the food has been well documented and we can agree with all of the superlatives used by previous visitors, our group had 3 courses which were all superb.
The rooms were lovely as we're the views, we will certainly be back

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JKLP
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for a short 2 night break. Rooms was spacious and tastefully decorated - waking up to the fantastic view over the sea was especially nice. Breakfast was included in the room rate and was excellent. We ate here one night of our stay, the food was terrific and exceptionally good value for money. The only downside was one dark haired waitress who was very abrupt and rather rude - the rest of the staff were excellent however. I would recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone without hesitation and will return myself next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John_U1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Girvan
Woodland Bay Hotel
#1 of 17 in Ayr
Glenapp Castle
Glenapp Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballantrae

Been to Wildings Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!