“' Me and my sister have stayed here for a school trip and from reviews we are never ever ever going back there!!!!!'”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Westcliffe Hotel

Westcliffe Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Girvan
Westcliffe Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Girvan
Braehead Edinburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Both me and my sister have stayed here for school residential trips and we both we're APPAULED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i was there me and my 3 friends the morning after we arrived we were all scratching our hair because of the pillows and we couldn't sleep because the pillows we're not comfy or nice and when we we're told by our teachers to go to our room we tried to get the T.V. to work and it had so little channels we ended up watching OCTONAUTS and we are between 9 and 10 years old.

For tea on the Wednesday night we had tomato soup to start and there was an ant crawling on the table and then i went to the toilet and there was ants in the toilet and around the door frame.

When we had finished and went back to our rooms for showers our shower did not work, when my friend flushed the toilet a poo came up from the drains and we had no hot water.

I WOULD DEFINATELY NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS never stay in the 7th or 8th rooms
number 7 is the one i'm describing
number 8 has a window view of a persons TRAMPOLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank 2002primaballerina15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ayr, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hotel and it's service is terribly poor. My bed had crumbs on the pillow and a brown stain on the reverse side of my duvet. Dust is the only repeating feature throughout the dated room (if you disregard cold service and uninviting staff) I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Katelyn R

Travellers are raving about these Girvan hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

I received a warm and friendly welcome from Janet. Being on my own I was taken to a single room on the first floor. I immediately went to the window to inspect my view only to find that the window was filthy and the limited view I did have was that of an extension roof. The T.V only had a couple of channels on it and the reception was terrible. There was a layer of dust an ich thick on top of it. The chipped cup on my welcome tray was stuck to the tray because it had unwashed crumbs stuck to the top. Probably left over from the previous owner. The whole room smelled like an OAP nursing home. The bathroom had no shower but the bath had hairs in it which I had to swill out. All in all terrible value for money. Had I not been so tired I'd have left there and then. No wonder we get bad publicity around the world for the poor state of our hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank whyalla46
fife scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

Westcliffe Hotel is beautifully situated with wonderful views of Ailsa Craig. My room was clean and spacious and the hospitality tray first class.It had a lovely outlook over the sea front.I received a very warm welcome from Janet ,the owner.I enjoyed the breakfast.I will be back.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank johnny5261
Keyboard
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

OK, it might be a bit like visiting your gran's, but Mrs Jardine is no Basil Faulty, and she provides a perfectly acceptable breakfast in a dining room with an aggreeable outlook over the Firth of Clyde and Ailsa Craig.

I'd go along with Arturos1 if you need bed and breakfast in Girvan.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank BigHairyJock
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

The hotel is a old architecture building with poor standard of facilities but is really clean and quiet and the view from the windows is just amazing. To be honest if you are looking for place to stay and not expecting much for 35£ +breakfast is great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arturos1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Girvan
Woodland Bay Hotel
Glenapp Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballantrae
Western House Hotel
Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel

Been to Westcliffe Hotel? Share your experiences!