Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
1,596 results
All reviewsafternoon teagolf courseailsa craigmain restaurantpitch and puttround of golfplay golfspa areagreat golfailsa barfirst classstunning hotelirish seasteam roomspa treatmentssea viewgrand tea lounge
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We celebrated our 25th wedding Anniversary at Turnberry. Every moment was wonderful. The accommodations, the food, the caring attitude of the entire staff - we'd love to go back one day - it was just a truly amazing stay. And the spa? Oh my! Gorgeous. Like I said, the whole stay was wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms that look toward the sea and Ailsa Craig are beautiful and have lovely views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay here at Turnberry. On behalf of all ambassadors I would like to Congratulate you once again on your 25th Wedding Anniversary. It is a pleasure to hear that all aspects of your stay were exceptional and I hope both of you have left with special memories that will make you smile with delight as you remember the time you spent amongst us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed here in October for one night in between a couple of rounds of golf on the Ailsa. The whole experience was 5 star from the welcome to the check out. But the it should be its a top hotel. The staff were all very welcoming and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. There was a long wait for breakfasts to be brought to the table in the morning despite the fact the restaurant was only half full. The rooms are pretty nice, and I had an unusual soak in the big bath too ease the watches and strains from the course. When we arrived mid morning the rooms were ready if a little chilly, but coming back from golf later my room was lovely and warm. The golf was outstanding, probably the best course I have ever played. I would definitely go back again it's got bags of charm and character.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard J
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your most recent visit to Turnberry. I am delighted to see that you had a memorable stay amongst us; all of your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the relevant departments. Playing golf at Turnberry truly is like walking in the footsteps of legends as both courses are steeped in history. We look forward to welcoming you back In the future where further adventures await!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel looks amazing upon arrival and certainly feels luxurious. The staff are exceptional and very attentive.
As a 5 star hotel I would expect everything to be perfect. Some examples where things were lacking - missing toilet roll holder in bathroom. Tea never replenished in the room. Food in restaurant very average. I had a fish for breakfast which was dry and overcooked. At breakfast the staff only provide a small block of butter and a small jug of milk for 6 people. Admittedly, they always bring more when asked but annoying.

The golf courses and golf staff were all top notch.

Despite the niggles we would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide such constructive feedback following your recent visit to Turnberry. Whilst I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience overall, I would like to apologise that we fell short of our usual high standards in relation to attention to detail. Attention to detail is of critical importance to us and I will be sure to pass your comments on the relevant department managers in order to ensure we improve. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Just back from a weekend at Turnberry. We could not fault a thing. It was great to be able to take our two dogs with us. They were spoiled rotten by fellow guests but also staff. The staff were so professional but most friendly and willing. The food was out of this world. We especially wish to thank one of the waiters called Andrew (who had a beard) who was an ambassador for the hotel. He was most attentive and caring, and we were delighted he was one that was serving us over dinner. The service and politeness by all other staff was second to none. The atmosphere in the room where afternoon tea was being served and with the guy playing the piano (he was fabulous) was also excellent. We are lucky in that we travel a lot,and Turnberry is up there with the top hotels around the world. We of course will be returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dougie, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Turnberry. It truly is a pleasure to hear of your experience and I have passed all of your comments on to the relevant departments. As a global explorer who has visited many hotels around the world, it truly is a pleasure to hear that you hold us in such high regards. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

A friend and I had an amazing pampering day in the spa at Turnberry....from the minute we arrived we were treated like special guests..met by a lovely receptionist who seated us and gave us coffee and petit fours before our day of pampering even started....

We were then shown into the dressing /spa area and given our dressing gowns and slippers..when ready we lounged in the chill out area..flavoured water ,candles , magazines...delightful....

Out therapist then came for us and we we're lead to a beautiful area and each taken into our rooms and pampered...I had a wonderful massage and facial....perfect...my therapist even heated up my slippers before placing then back on my feet..

We then returned to the spa area..where there is a pool etc...but we just sat on loungers...With our glass of prosecco admiring the views towards Ailsa Craig....heaven...

We did not want to leave here...but afternoon tea beckoned....so over to the grand tea room...stunning....we were given a table at the window with wonderful views again....after noon tea was wonderful...

Can not fault the wonderful day we had here....and will be returning again x

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for choosing to visit our spa to indulge in some treatments, relaxation and afternoon tea. I am sure you will agree that the views from both the pool and the grand tea lounge are breathtaking! I am delighted to hear that you will return again in the future. With many special offers running throughout winter, the spa here at Turnberry is the perfect haven for an escape from the cold Ayrshire weather! We look forward to welcoming you back.