This place just gets more special. Returned this weekend for a friends 50th birthday. Accomodation top quality and food to die for. The breakfast overlooking the golf course and Ailsa Craig is superb and the two golf courses the Kintyre and the Ailsa are just simply fantastic. Favourite resort anywhere in the world and the Ailsa is second golf course only in my view to Royal County Down. I would still pick Turnberry over anywhere due to its setting, the spa, the food and the overall ambience of the place. Deals to be had at this time of year. Great atmosphere yet nice and quiet in the hotel. Ate at Brig a Doon which was brilliant. Small gripe on this visit was the fact that the halfway house on the Ailsa golf course was closed. In the past the visit to this perfectly situated stop off near the lighthouse with unbelievable 360 degree views has enhanced the experience. I know it is November but this should be open all year round for visitors and members to further enhance this heavenly experience. I look forward keenly to my next visit and anyone reading this read no more but get booking. Everyone should experience Turnberry golfers and non golfers. It is an experience that will stay with you forever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland