There are so many great things to say about this hotel that its such a shame when one or two little things overshadow a wonderful stay. My husband and daughter and myself had a one night stay to celebrate my birthday. The concierge and his front door team are fabulous. They are consistently great with all the guests and nothing is too much trouble. My daughter adored the fuss that Jim Berry (?) made of her. Unfortunately despite an early check in request and the fact that the room had not been occupied the night before it was not ready for our arrival and there was no alternative. Disappointing but not a big deal. We spent the afternoon in the Spa which was cold both in and out of the pool. The whole pool area is in need of modernization and would not compete with other similar standard hotels - definitely not an infinity pool! We were told there was a special splash time for children between 4pm and 5pm. This turned out to be absolutely nothing. No staff no toys or games and no increase in temperature! Very strange. Two couples sat in the tiny lukewarm jacuzzi for 45 minutes thereby preventing anyone else using it even if just to heat up. Very disappointing. The playroom was closed and in darkness any time we passed it and as it is no longer staffed proved no attraction for our 3 year old who incidentally was charged 40 pounds to share our room for the night. This is all possibly to dissuade families from staying there and concentrate on the golfer or elderly couples as seemed to be the majority of guests. We had a DBB booking which turned out to mean that although you could choose a main course if you wanted any sides it was extra. So adding a little bit of boiled vegetables and a few new potatoes to a plain steak added a 10 quid charge. And if you don't have a sweet tooth and would prefer a little cheese to follow it was a 6 quid charge. Can't help feeling like we were ripped off there. Considering a one night stay cost us around 400 quid I would expect a main course to have some kind of accompaniment without being charged extra for it! They get so many things right - location, service from staff, quality of food for instance that its so annoying when they can't deliver the whole package! We have noticed that the rooms and corridors are looking a little tired and grubby with chipped paint and touch ups done in a different colour etc and hope its something that is going to addressed before it really goes downhill. Turnberry as the potential to be perfect but is just missing the mark at the moment and so you leave feeling like you have paid too much..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland