This review is somewhat delayed as we stayed here in February during school half term. Our stay was the result of being given gift vouchers for afternoon tea as a Christmas present, so we decided to combine afternoon tea with dinner bed and breakfast for one night following an email from Starwood Guest programme informing us of some special offers.
We had our two year old daughter with us and from the minute we arrived I knew we were somewhere quite special. The warmth of welcome at the door by Jim the bellman was outstanding and certainly one of the warmest we have experienced any where in the world. We never holiday in the UK or Europe due the usually poor standard of customer service preferring to holiday in the Middle East and Asia. However, this warm welcome and the fuss Jim made of our daughter was to be indicative of the service we received during our stay.
Afternoon tea was outstanding, our deluxe sea view room stunning (despite the weather) and our evening meal superb. The next morning at breakfast my wife and I were so impressed by what we were experiencing we decided to stay for another night. Having confirmed we could stay in the same room at the same rate we relaxed in to another wonderful day at this resort.
Following dinner that evening we returned to our room to find that due to heavy winds and driving rain our room had been flooded with rain water and we were not able to stay in it. We were moved very quickly to a smaller room at the back of the hotel some distance away from where we were previously.It was getting late so we decided not to make a fuss as the room was still deluxe and well appointed and it was only for the night.
On checking out the next morning we received an apology from the duty manager and the price difference between the two rooms was deducted. However, there was no offer of any compensation for our late night upheaval, not even the offer of some complimentary Starwood points. That, in our opinion was the only blip in an otherwise perfect stay. We did have to move our luggage, two year old and then wait for the new room to be set up with a cot etc. so it was not really a minor issue. However, that said, we had such a lovely time we decided to leave it at that. I point it out now only to highlight one issue which if thought through a little better could have made the stay absolutely perfect.
Apologies again for the delay in sending this review. Better late than never.
If a deal is to be had for this resort then snap it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland