“Southern Hospitality Needs to Take a Lesson from Sweetberries”

Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Maryville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2014

To say this B&B is great is an understatement. The whole facility is now built to be a gracious guest house with the most amazing, delicious, unique breakfasts served. This husband and wife business is truly a partnership made in heaven. Located minutes from the North end of The Dragon Rt. 129 leaves you about 35 minutes or so from Deals Gap. Marysville TN downtown is just a few miles away with very nice restaurants and, at least at this writing, very reasonable fuel prices for your vehicle. To sum it up I'll say if you want a happy spirit to prevail at your next stay then Sweetberries should be your lodging choice.

Room Tip: Be honest about what you need and let Darrell or Louise help you fill those needs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
sweetberriesbb, Owner at Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Alan,
thanks so much for the encouraging words. Louise and I just love to hear what a good time that you had while staying at Sweet Berries. We really put a lot of care into how each person is personally treated and providing that feeling of comfort and enjoyment that comes with attention to detail. Please stop by again if you are in our area.
Darrell and Louise

There are newer reviews for Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I are experienced travelers between work assignments and personal vacations. Having stayed at many a B/B, Sweet Berries ranks in the top 3 of our most memorable and recommended. In fact we've been back twice in less then a month. We all say the same thing in these reviews: Friendliness, Food and Accommodations are at a 5 Star rating. As a runner, I was even able to run safely down Old Railroad drive which is a stone throw away from the B/B. If your in the Smokies, don't miss out on Darrell and Louise gift of hospitality. You'll be glad you came.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi Cheryl,
thank you for such a great review. Louise and I have enjoyed spending time with you and your husband these last few weeks. This time of year is such a pleasant surprise for most people who visit. All of nature is bursting forth and announcing another rebirth of life. We enjoy introducing our guest to the many natural gifts that are to be enjoyed in this area, and we have loved sharing our little secrets with you guys. Please feel free to stop by any time rather you are staying with us or not. Louise and I just love having pleasant conversation with friends and enjoying all that life has to offer.
Looking forward to seeing you two again,
Darrell and Louise

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Darrell and Louise Johnson provide the best experience you could ask for at sweetberries. The location was perfect for my fiancee and I (whom i proposed to at sweetberries). It's not too secluded that you can't take a short drive to a store, but fairly far from the big towns so that there is little to no traffic. The food is outstanding! Everything we had was perfect! Muffins, quiche, cake, fruit salad, their own brand of coffee; you name it. They even sent us home with a bunch of it. The rooms are spacious, the bed was super comfy, and the amenities are plentiful. There isn't a thing they would love to help you with. I cannot say enough about Sweetberries. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the sweetheart haven. It's perfect for two people.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
sweetberriesbb, Owner at Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hello again,
Thank you for leaving such a nice review. Louise and I were thrilled that you were able to keep your proposal a secret until you got here. We love to see young people who are in love and making plans for the future. You seemed like a great match for each other and we wish the very best for you and your fiancé. Louise also would like to thank you for the great recipe that you sent. You know that she will try and figure out a way to make it into a breakfast dish!
Congratulations again,
Darrel and Louise

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I visit B&B's on a regular basis to get away from the daily grind and on this occasion we were with my daughter and son-in-law. Our destination this weekend was to a different B&B but due to circumstances out of our control, we found ourselves hours from home with no place to stay (the review for the other B&B will be posted later). This is where Sweetberries B&B came to the rescue.

We contacted several places in Tennessee to no avail as this was spring break week. When we reached Louise at Sweetberries, she said come on over as they had a last minute cancellation. An hour and a half later, after dark, we arrived. Immediately we felt at home. This is my detailed review of our experience.

Bed: If you advertise yourself as a Bed and Breakfast then you better be good at two things - the bed and the breakfast. This was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and I'm 53 years old. It must have been the right combination of mattress, pillow top, sheets, pillows, etc. Absolutely zero to complain about. I felt like this must be how the 1% sleep.

Breakfast: Do not, I repeat, do not come here if you're on a diet. The food is just too good to limit or tell yourself no. It is in abundance and fantastic! Everything is freshly prepared and the flavors are just too good to be true. And we're not talking about some scrambled eggs and toast. You're served bakery quality exotic muffins, seasonally hand prepared fresh fruit, and a main course that just melts in your mouth. I was really, really impressed as I am quite the food snob. The breakfast and after dinner snack was just plain awesome.

Bathroom: Clean, clean, clean. Thick fluffy towels. And real bathroom tissue. No sandpaper here.

Cleanliness: If you're like me you tend to look at the ceiling and the baseboards just to see if this is a place that once they opened it was just necessity cleaning. Not here. They are on top of everything.

Owners: There are not enough superlatives to describe this couple. Warm, welcoming, attentive, accommodating, and overall wonderful people. I never got the feeling that I was staying at a place of business. They would pull up a chair and make you feel like part of their family.

As you might suspect, we are already booking a return. When you find a gem of a B&B you hold on to it. And this is definitely a gem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the wonderful review of Sweet Berries Bed and Breakfast. Louise and I always like to hear from our guest and of course it lets us know that we are doing things right. We are flattered that you and the family had such a fun time in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. We look forward to seeing you again and wish the very best until we meet again!
Louise and Darrell

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Outstanding!! Best innkeepers, food to die for, beautiful room, The Royal Treatment!!
Getting to know Darrell and Louise was the highlight of our trip. They are amazing and so is the whole package. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
sweetberriesbb, Owner at Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hi Karen, thanks for the kind words. Louise and I really do try to make your stay with us a special event, worth returning and sharing with family and friends. This area has so much to offer, and we enjoy our conversations around the breakfast table with our guest. If you get back this way again, we would love to see you.
Take care,
Darrell & Louise

Reviewed 24 March 2014

It was my parents 25th wedding anniversary so my siblings and myself surprised them with a surprise stay at Sweet Berries B&B. Louise was so great to work with me to keep it a surprise! It was my parents first stay at a B&B and they were beyond pleased with their room, cleanliness, meals and facility. Louise and Darrell, the innkeepers were so friendly and helpful: the perfect host and hostess. Thank you for your kindness :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Rachel,
We were so happy to hear that your parents enjoyed their stay with us. Great food, good conversation, and all the little personal touches help make your stay with us a treasured memory. Thanks for giving Louise and I the privilege of sharing in their celebration.
All the Best,
Louise and Darrell

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Sweet Berries for Thanksgiving and it was one of the BEST Thanksgivings we've ever had. We arrived late and Louise had a wonderful dessert ready for us! It was a hint of the wonderful treats to come. The breakfasts were out of this world and the evening delicacies were to die for. Louise and Darrel made us feel right at home and we enjoyed VERY much talking with them. They keep such a clean, comfortable and inviting inn...it's obvious they are truely doing work that they are passionate about. Such an inspiring couple. And such a restful stay for my husband and I!

Room Tip: Any room is top notch!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

for your most generous comments of your stay here at Sweet Berries Bed and Breakfast. Louise and I like to make our guest as comfortable as we can, and we know it is all those little personal touches that bring the joy into our lives. We are so happy that your stay with us meet your expectations and if you travel through our little piece of heaven again please stop in and say HI!
Darrell & Louise

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryville
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Robbinsville
Fontana Village Resort
Fontana Village Resort
#1 of 1 in Fontana Dam

Been to Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!