“Decent But Not Great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dallas, Texas
“Decent But Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

My son and I recently stopped by the Soccer Taco location in Maryville for dinner and, for the most part, we had a decent dining experience. The food was hot and fresh but I disagree with reviewers who describe the dishes as "authentic". The staff was friendly and curteous and I may stop in again in the future, maybe for lunch instead of dinner. I guess the Mexican food sports bar concept just doesn't impress me that much.

• Visited November 2012

Cape Coral, Florida
“Mexican food in a sports bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We visited Townsend during Labor Day weekend & stumbled upon Soccer Taco in Maryville & enjoyed our meal. It was very busy on both Friday & Saturday nights & the host asked us if we'd mind sitting at the bar rather than waiting for a table to open up -- we had no problem with that. We had good service at the bar & had zero wait time for drinks & minimal wait time for food. There was live music that night -- very loud, but, we didn't mind that. They had a bunch of different college football games on -- multiple tv's thru out the bar & restaurant. I had a few glasses of sangria -- very tasty & complimentary chips & salsa were presented to us when we sat down. My husband had a combo meal w/ tacos, beans & rice & I had a chicken quesadilla w/ rice & beans -- nothing fancy or spectacular, but, good & not over priced. It is a small restaurant -- some booths & tables scrunched together -- I also noticed that they had outside
patio seating on the side of the restaurant. If your looking for a sports bar that specializes in mexican food then you will love Soccer Taco. If/when we come back to the area, then we'll stop in again for a meal.

• Visited September 2012
Knoxville, TN
“Best local Mexican food by a mile.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

This is real authentic n always tastes fresh. My fav is the Chile rellano and taxi combo. Their charro beans are great.

Maryville, Tennessee
“Fast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My family goes here a lot. You get ur food pretty fast and the food is average. I don't really like the layout of the building but it's one of the three Mexican restaurants I like to go to.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“mexicalisportsgourmettacoshopsupremo! [ sic]”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

I'll confess, i'm guilty of practically living at taco bell (I see my ratings in trip advisor suddenly dropping!). And I've hit up the alternative fast food taco shops, you know the ones, they're everywhere.

So this was a kind of surprise to me. The unusual name kind of kept me away, frankly, it sounded gimmicky.

But walking in, seeing you could eat-in or take-out (which i did), seeing the tv screens all around, and seeing the staff (muy authentico, if you catch my drift), i felt pretty good about it even -before- eating anything.

I got a ginormous burrito (and hey, i'm a big 'chipotle' and 'qdoba' fan too, so i know ginormous burrito's when i see 'em), which was very very tasty, very unique, loaded with flavor and good ingredients. I think it was the Mole Poblano Chicken breast topped with traditional mole sauce I got it with rice.

Really really good. I reccomend it.
To say it's not different than other places is just not doing it justice.
It's a mexicalisportsgourmettacoshopsupremo [sic] kind of place!
I'll be going back!