“The atmosphere was wonderful and the food was great!”

Becky's Grocery & Grill
Ranked #22 of 146 Restaurants in Maryville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
“The atmosphere was wonderful and the food was great!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Best burger in town. The restaurant has a mom and pop feel! The service was outstanding and best sweet tea I've ever had! The homemade desserts are a must!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Kabbott421

“Best hamburger we have ever eaten”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Quaint little country restaurant with great food. I'm glad we do not live far from it. See you soon Becky!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank virgeo95
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Country cooking with southern hospitality”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Go here to eat good food without the trappings of atmosphere and a big bill. Friends took us to this place for lunch while we visiting in Townsend, Tennessee. It is only a short drive off 321 but seems as if you are going WAY out into the country. When you pull up you see a little wooden building with minimal parking. When you go in, the grill is visible and seating is open first come first serve. The owner, Becky, and her grown children, operate the restaurant and they are the epitome of friendliness, with a great sense of humor and ease. We felt immediately at home. The menu was very varied, with all sorts of sandwiches, meat and vegetable plates and many homemade desserts. I was trying to watch calories, so I ordered a plain grilled chicken sandwich with pickles lettuce and tomato on whole wheat bread, pepper jack cheese and mayo on the side. What I got was one of the best sandwiches I had ever eaten. I didn't need the mayo. My husband had the fried catfish, which he said was excellent, and he described the pinto beans and fried okra as "good southern cooking." He wished he had saved room for the dessert. They offer unlimited tea, which they bring in pitchers to the table (no alcohol). One of my friends had a BLTs and onion rings, which she raved over. My other friend ordered a hamburger and one of Becky's specialties--fried mac and cheese. It comes in little triangles that one eats like fries, and he raved. The prices can't be beat--My husband and my whole meal was under $18. Warning--they only take checks and cash. And the hours are limited--Wed-Fri 11-7; and Saturday 11-4 (closed on Sundays). I will be back any time I am in Townsend (which is on the way to Cades Cove).

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank buildingmemories
Townsend, Tennessee
“Becky Does it Right”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Not sure how Becky's gets listed in Maryville. Much closer to Walland. Without question the best burger anywhere. Really it is. Gus Manning first told me about it and I didn't believe him. Doubt not. The burgers, the vegetables, everything on the menu is for real. Especially the desserts. All home made. All made right. And if you get a little conversation with Becky, that is an added bonus. Not exactly on the beaten path, but once you try it, you will beat your own path for a return trip. Get there by 6:30 for dinner. They close early.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shuckydern
Knoxville, Tennessee
“food like it used to be”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

If you remember how food was before it was fast food, then you will love Becky's. It is a little difficult to find if you aren't familiar with the area, but well worth the effort. Best burger I have had in years.

• Visited July 2013