“Great food”

Shoney's
Ranked #44 of 153 Restaurants in Maryville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had went here for lunch and ordered the double decker bacon cheesrburger and a steak and cheese sub..the food was great! The burger was so big i had to cut it in half and couldnt finish it! The steak and cheese my husband ordered was great also. Waitress was very nice and not overbearing.

1  Thank pinnat09

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I do not know how hard it is to refill a coffee cup but apparently, at this Shoneys, it is a challenge. That and be prepared for an attitude with the waitresses who seem more concerned with God only knows what then to simply do what they are there to do. Granted, not a fun place to work I am sure, but it is a buffet...excuse me for NOT tipping!

1  Thank Brett P
Reviewed 25 December 2012

My husband wanted to eat out for Christmas and this Shoney's was the only place open so we stopped in. Have eaten their breakfast bar a number of times and it is OK but the regular buffet is usually not what I like to eat. It was packed because so many others were closed and we had to stand in line for a while and by the time we got to the food the dressing and mashed potatoes were gone. The food we did get was very bland and greasy and my shoes were sticking to the floor it was so dirty. I really got irritated when I looked at the bill. They charged $12.29 for what they called their "Christmas Buffet" with no discounts or coupons accepted. It was basically fried fish, fried chicken, fried shrimp and turkey in gravy nothing even slightly better than their usual buffet. Had to stand in line a while to check out and the person before me was picking up an order called in to go. The man who was cashier just left, I assumed to go get the order, but eventually someone else walked up and asked the man a question about the order then turned to by now about 15 people in line and asked were we being helped I said no then he walked off. A few minutes later the first cashier showed back up and looked at me and asked what I needed so I showed him my bill and credit card and he said OH Ok. It was as if he hadn't a clue why all these people were standing around the register. When I mentioned the price increase on the buffet to one of the wait staff standing there she said well that's because its Christmas as thought that was a good reason to rip off customers. I told her exactly, thats why you should be giving something back to your customers especially the regulars not charging them that much more for what turned out to be less than usual. Won't be going back to this Shoney's!

1  Thank helloauntb
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Shoney's delivers Shoney's at its locations. You pretty much know what is available and what you're gonna get. Nothing outstanding, but nothing really terrible either. The food was Shoney's, quick and generously portioned, and tasty for the style and price. Service was prompt and courteous and comfortable. We go because our 90 yr old mother likes it - and rightly so. They were most helpful and courteous to her, and she loves it. For that reason we go back numerous times. Sometimes you take what a restaurant offers and just enjoy it for what it is. So it is with Shoney's.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The table and floors were pretty dirty. Felt like we were intruding due to shifts changing soon. The buffet had a lot to be desired.

1  Thank KevinW