“Decent service before, absolutely awful now.”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 151 Restaurants in Maryville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've enjoyed everything from Margarita's for over a year now. Amid rumors of bad service and deplorable kitchen sanitation, I shook my head at the notions and continued to enjoy many lunch specials and the buffet. I was a supporter of the business!

My last trip with an acquaintance was fairly normal. Greeted quickly, ample seating, quick service... no problems whatsoever. Until my associate found a dead black fly in her partially eaten chicken taco salad. We quickly plucked it out with a napkin, ushered a waiter over, and *quietly* told him the situation. Instead of offering a replacement (or any other option for that matter), he proceeded to roll the fly around with his fingertips, smile, shrug, and walk away. Not even an "Oops, our bad." The check was presented, and he never returned to our table. I paid the check, tried to call the manager over (he continued to ignore me just as the server did), gave up and left.

It's the last cent they will ever receive from me. I understand that mistakes happen, and flies will get just about anywhere in the hot summer months, but the fact that we were never apologized to is just ridiculous! Not even a quick "sorry!", oh no- just a snide little grin and a really good disappearing act.

Thanks for the customer service, guys. Five stars.

1  Thank FreshAirSunshine

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Love the food at Margarita's!! The service is excellent. I went with a few friends and we were all very pleased. The chorizo cheese dip is great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

went wit two friends and ate there had two buffets and margritas quezada awwsome buffet you cant beat tht chesse dip wow and lots to chose from had magritas great hit the spot and a peach daquiri and the server was very helpful and polite

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This place has a buffet. The buffet has actual Mexican food that you would order for your meal. Very good! You will leave stuffed if you like Mexican.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Half way through the meal I spotted a roach crawling on the wall. Complained to staff and was treated as if I was the roach. He showed me the work order for the bug man, I told him he could find the napkin with the smashed roach on the table. He still insisted there were no bugs. Paid and left, will never go back.