“Not really Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Townsend, Tennessee
“Not really Italian”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Food is plentiful and a wide selection. To me a combination of Greek and wannabe Italian cuisine. The tomato sauce is pretty generic. I like their Gyros and I would say their desserts are their signature item.

• Visited March 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Popular Local Spot, Not As Good As Expected”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

A friend of mine from Maryville suggested I try the Gondolier so on a recent trip to the area I decided to check it out. The staff was friendly and the menu has a wide selection of dishes to choose from. Unfortunately, I have to agree with other reviewers when they say the sauce tastes canned. The flavor reminds me of canned tomato sauce, not pasta sauce. Everyone in our party commented that they tasted little to no Italian seasonings at all in their dishes, not even garlic. The portions are large and the desserts looked tempting but I didn't try one on this visit. If I do go back to the Gondolier in the future I'll probably just stick with the pizza. Overall, I give it an OK rating but it doesn't live up to the local hype.

• Visited February 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“Canned Sauce???”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times. Their bread sticks are great, but their marinara sauce tastes like it comes out of a can. Since this is a chain restaurant it probably does. Their pizza is cheap but average. Their pasta, as other reviewers have said, is mushy and overcooked, no where near al dente. Our last time there I had their stuffed cannelloni. It was terrible, tasteless, and mushy.
The service though is good and fast.
Obviously those reviewers who give this restaurant a 5 rating have not eaten at a good Italian restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Just okay.”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

This is very a popular restaurant in our local area. We've given it two tries, but it's just not for us. The service is prompt and the waitresses friendly. The restaurant is clean. But the food is just mediocre. I can make most pasta dishes at home for very little, and the pasta here isn't anything special. To top it off, the prices are too high for this kind of food.

• Visited December 2012
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
“Best Pizza in Maryville, TN”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Awesome Pizza, pasta, bread sticks and friendly staff. You won't leave hungry! Forgot to mention their dessert and they always have specials too!

Visited September 2012