“Tired and sparse lunch”

Ranked #31 of 154 Restaurants in Maryville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very accommodating at crowded lunch but chicken salad (mostly filler) on lettuce was sparse 1/4 c on a lettuce leaf with 3 cherry tomatoes and 2 crackers for $6.25. Old turn of century house could have been lovely but needs some fresh over dos..dead flowers on porch and up keep needs some work. Wait staff was stretched and service slow with drink refills needing request. Dessert of chocolate trifle..cake with hot fudge was fresh but lacked whip cream which waitress forgot. Daily special probably best option.

1  Thank journalist2

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Yesterday, 06/24 we ate lunch here for the very first time. The offered a variety of sandwiches and what looked liked delicious homemade potatoe chips. We selected the daily special and on Wednesday that is the chef's choice. It consisted of delicious pork loin, fingerling potatoes, spinach salad and a fresh baked roll. For dessert 2 in our party had cocoanut pie. It was delicious with light flaky pasty. The other had 3 layer chocolate cake. It was moist, light and flavorful. Service was good even though they were a little crowded due to a recent newspaper article about the restaurant. Also they do catering and in-house receptions. We will be going back and highly recommend this one.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

First time visit on a Monday afternoon about 12:30. Wasn't greeted as we stood in foyer guessing what to do. We took our own silverware that was wrapped in a cloth napkin laying in a basket at the entrance. Seat yourself. Was told they were already out of the special before we ordered our drinks. Drinks arrived, and then our waitress left again, took our order almost 10 minutes later. Sandwiches were good, chips were great. Didn't get the fruit that was stated in menu that the sandwich was served with. We've read great reviews on this place, but maybe the waitress was feeling indifferent or having troubles. That happens. Service slow and had to request check at the cash register, as it was never delivered to the table. All in all, the food was good, tea excellent, atmosphere chatty. Disappointed in service.

1  Thank molly b
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The owner is a bit of a local celeb, and is very nice. The building is cute, but the decor is very average. This is really kind of a cute lady's place, but I was taken by my brother in law, along with his cousin and an old uncle...not the typical crowd. I ordered the soup of the day...potato soup, and a chicken salad croissant. The soup was not served first....it came at the same time as the sandwiches. It was barely warm, and completely bland. The croissant was bready, not flaky like it should be, and the chicken salad was tastless. I will not be going back.

2  Thank Gatorgolfer
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went to Miss Olivia's on our way home from a brief getaway in Pigeon Forge. We had eaten there several years ago and enjoyed the food. Miss Olivia is a nice lady, and we think she takes a lot of pride in her cooking and hospitality. We only wish that she had been our server as other reviewers have stated when they ate there. Our frowning server was unpleasant as we entered the place. I had an idea that they served different kinds of iced tea, so I asked. The server replied abruptly, "sweet and unsweet." I asked about fruit tea, etc., then she finally mentioned the summer tea, which my husband and I both ordered. My husband asked what Tuesday's Cook's Choice was on the menu, and the server replied hatefully, "Are you kidding, it's a quarter til!" I immediately informed her that we were from out of town and didn't realize they closed at 2:00. There were at least two or three tables with people still dining. She never did answer my husband's question. At this point, we were ready to leave; however, we did stay and ordered sandwiches. She did not refill our tea glasses, and she brought the bill with our meals and did not even ask if we wanted to order dessert.

2  Thank ctjlmj2013