“No one can hit a home run every time.”
Review of Barley's Taproom

Barley's Taproom
Ranked #9 of 147 Restaurants in Maryville
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Maryville, Tennessee
“No one can hit a home run every time.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

First off let me say I'm a huge fan of Barleys and have been a customer for many years. Everything we have ever ate is great,not to mention the wonderful choice of beers! So this review is not a negative report in any way. My wife and I decided to try an appetizer over the weekend and it was the fried bread and butter pickles. This was NOT a good choice. They were very grainy and greasey. The beer mustard that comes with them (whole mustard seeds) makes it worse. Something about a dill,bread and butter pickle is very off putting. Please keep in mind that everything else is wonderful! For my taste we won't be getting the pickles,but we will be back as soon as possible!!

• Visited June 2014

Sevierville, Tennessee
“Pizza pizza pizza and more”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We ordered the Greek and Hoff pizza and black bean hummus and flatbread. The Greek pizza is my very favorite of anywhere! My hubby ordered the Hoff, smoked sausage and jalapeños. The service was slow by our waiter. It was fun to watch the restaurant fill up as we waited. The IPA beer seemed to please all of those drinking it. There is a wide range of beers to choose!

Highlands, North Carolina
“Food-ok. Staff-great”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Came in for a late lunch today. I had the chicken wrap, and my sweetie had the fried green tomato sandwich. Both were ok, but nothing to rave about. Staff recommended a beer, which was excellent. And the staff was very attentive and friendly.

• Visited June 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great lunch spot!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Five friends and I met there for lunch. Great food, fresh, hot. A little slow, but I think because one of us ordered pizza and the menu says expect 20 mins for pizza. Restaurant was bright and clean, service was okay; could have been better since they weren't very crowded. Will definitely try it again.

• Visited May 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good Beer - LOUSY food”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Three strikes and they're out. We've been there three times now and had less than great experiences all three times. We'll never go back. The first time was within the first month they were open so we were willing to give them a pass. They were out of the two beers we wanted, the dish was spanakopeta quarters on top of linguine (how weird is that!) and the service was slow. The second time they were out of our first three choices of beer and the food was so, so except for the calzone which was burned black on the bottom and half of it was still dough. YUCK! The third time which was a few weeks ago, the beer selection was available (yea!) but the food was tasteless and down right lousy. Each time we've tried different foods and not one has been worth the money.

It's VERY loud also.