“Pigeon Forge rooms were half the price with a full breakfast!”

Luxbury Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maryville
Phoenix, Arizona
“Pigeon Forge rooms were half the price with a full breakfast!”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My son and I stayed at the Luxbury for a week in October. The room size was nice, the bedding was stained and old and the couch was something I wouldn't have wanted my dog to sit on (if I had a gog that is). We requested a smoking room as we are both smokers, but OMG what a smell that room had! The rooms have a full size four burner stove and a fridge but I didn't use the stove and only kept soda in the fridge, so I paid for something I really didn't need. We went to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for a few days and the rooms on the strip in Piegon Forge were half the cost and that included a hot breakfast too! (We got two rooms for 2 bucks less than what the one room at Luxbury cost) I will say the staff was friendly and accomodating and I did leave a tip for the housekeepers. Just know it is an older place that needs some work and some much needed linen and bedding/furniture updating, and is a bit over priced.
Looking back I should have found something else in the area but I just didn't have time as my schedule was so tight and it was so near where I needed to be.

Room Tip: There are windows that open so the upstairs units would be a better fit if you wanted to let some ai...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Luxburyinn, Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at Luxbury Inn & Suites. We care about our guests opinion and always appreciate an opportunity to make our property better.

I noticed that you stayed with us several days in October, in and out for several stays, and stayed in the same suite. My suggestion would be to consider a non-smoking suite and let us share with you an experience in a smoke free room. The smoking suites do hold the odor and it's really difficult to get all of the scent out, even though our housekeepers try their best.

We only have three suites that are smoking on property and the balance are non-smoking suites. We keep all of the smoking suites seperated at one end of the hotel. We recieved an "A" from AAA in housekeeping when they inspected and many more reviews on cleanliness and it's our goal to not drop below this level of clean.

I will be calling you to discuss your next trip to Maryville and how we can make sure your stay is the best ever.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North, VA
Reviewed 19 April 2011

It's your standard, suites hotel. Nice to have the full kitchen if you are staying longer than one night although there is plenty of fast food places around.
We choice this place because it had laundry facilities which we needed during the 3rd week of our trip.
Room was fine, breakfast was donuts, etc which you have to take back to the room since there isn't any seating.
It was surprisingly adequate for a suites hotel for $65/night.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TIC09
Luxburyinn, Director of Sales at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Please allow us to be your home away from home the next time you can run away again! I remember how beautiful it was in April with all the budding and blooming. Our mild seasons are great all year. Fall will be especially beautiful this year due to the amount of rain we have had this year. Please come see the pretty fall colors and let us be your hub to enjoy the Smoky Mountains and surrounding areas again soon!
Philadelphia,PA
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I wondered why the Luxbury Inn didn't have a picture of the outisde of the hotel on their website. This way you can't find out that it is a motel with outside corridors. The rooms are big and spacious, but the furniture is old and dated. The towels are the thinnest, scratchiest towel that I've encountered. We stayed three nights. The second morning when we were leaving the housekeeper asked if we needed more towels, so we said yes. She told me to bring my dirty towels down to her cart. When we came back 4 hours later the room hadn't been cleaned. The desk person told us that the rooms only get cleaned every-other day. The next day our room still didn't get cleaned. A different desk person told us that we didn't make our room available when the cleaners were on duty. They could have gotten into the room anytime between noon and 4pm.

The hotel provides dishes for you to use, but you have to provide your own dish detergent and drain board. Don't get fooled, this is not an upscale place. Maybe they should have the guests ask when it would be convienent for housekeeping to come and do their job.

Spend a few more dollars and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christian293
Louisiana
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Stayed here in 2009, supervising a crew of 8. We booked 9 rooms. All very happy - the wonderful rooms are more like small apartments, with LR, KIT, BR in back. Very good location, as well. The manager at the time (Mehul) was a most friendly and helpful guy. Tips - no real breakfast served, to speak of. (Just wax donuts, etc.). But so what?! You get a KITCHEN! Cook breakfast, or there are good restaurants right nearby. Other tip - housekeeping leaves little envelopes in your room, for a gratuity. If you don't put money in there, your room might not be as clean. (Especially if Maggie still works there). But these are little things. This place is a gem, with great views, great rooms, nice people, and great prices. My crew and I were delighted. If you need a long-term stay, I'm sure you will be too!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank GiveMeEat
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Stopped for one night only with a group of friends while on a road tour. Location is fine and easy to get to, and there are various eateries around it so you don't have to walk far to fill yourself up.
I booked a two bedroom room and shared with a friend and we both had a decent nights kip. Rooms were very clean and tidy and there was very little noise heard coming from the adjoining rooms which makes the place peaceful. It has a kitchenette type area and large fridge but we didn't use it.
Various night life places are within easy reach in it like Naterz Sports Grill, and we had no trouble getting taxis to and from the place.
There are doughnuts and tea/coffee served in the front office in the mornings.
All in all, it was an ideal place to stop and I would have quite happily stayed there more nights if touring schedule had not required us to move on.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Jamestown, In
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This was our first trip to Maryville and we were pleased with our room. The rooms were very clean. It was evident that the staff pay attention to details as even our pillowcases were turned in. We were there over New Year's Eve and expected noise to be an issue but it wasn't at all. We were able to take our dog and that was a plus too. We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
East Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Exceptionally nice staff, VERY good value for the room, very clean and quiet. We were on the first floor near the office and there was absolutely no noise - traffic, doors, TVs or otherwise - all night long. I also liked that we could park right outside our door.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Luxburyinn, Public Relations Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for allowing Luxbury Inn & Suites to serve you. Also, thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor about your lodging experience. Our goal is to always meet our guests expectations. We welcome the next opportunity to serve you too!
Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryville
Quality Inn Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
#5 of 15 in Alcoa
MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Hilton Knoxville Airport
Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport

Been to Luxbury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!