“Excellent Front Desk help!”

Luxbury Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maryville
Gregory, MI
“Excellent Front Desk help!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stopped in Maryville on my way down to Florida, so I could finally drive "The Lion's Tail" mountain road into North Carolina, and the Luxbury looked to be on my route. I talked to Mehul at the front desk when I made my reservation that same afternoon. Luckily for me, Mehul was also working the desk the next morning before I left. I had been very tired the night before when I got in, and my sense of direction had become confused. (It had been a tough drive through the mountains of Kentucky and Tennessee the night before in hard rain.) I asked Mehul about how to get back on Hwy 129 to get to the Dragon's Tail and he suggested my taking the Foothills Parkway instead. It was the best advise I got from any desk person on my entire trip! In fact, I liked his route better than the "Tail" itself. I drive a modified 2013 Taurus and I could really fly on the Parkway! No police was also a bonus... The Tail is heavily patrolled.
My room was immaculate. Comments on Trip Adviser mentioning a lack of cleanliness must have come from their competition.
In short, I would absolutely stay here again. You will not read any other hotel reviews on this trip from me, simply because the desk people were not helpful at all. (putting it mildly)
ps The next day it snowed 2-3 inches, so I was very lucky on timing.

Bill Kendall

Room Tip: second floor has a little less noise, but my bedroom was towards the back, anyway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bill K
Luxburyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Bill, we are so glad that you found us! Our part of the country offers so many great scenic highways....lots of choices. We appreciate you taking time to post on tripadvisor to let us and others know about your lodging experience at Luxbury Inn & Suites. Please allow us to serve you on your return trip from Florida when you head back home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 2 January 2014

For what we paid for the room it was very good. Full kitchen enough space for a family of 5 with seperate room for the kids. A little dirty but not too bad, have stayed in worse and better! The staff was super friendly!

Room Tip: Farther from Pigeon Forge than we expected, said 24 miles but took nearly an hour to get to and from...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at Luxbury Inn & Suites during January. Glad to read that you enjoyed our full kitchen and our friendly staff. Please come back when the area wakes up with the Spring budding to see just how lovely our area is!
McMinnville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We arrived here on Friday night before my son'e wedding, first of all the booking had gotten all messed up; but the gentlemen at the counter was very nice and mad everything right, we had a room for two nights on the weekend of a Tennessee home game. The room was very clean, the cleaning ladies offered us fresh linens on Saturday morning. The coffeemaker was way too small and if you are looking for their continental breakfast forget it. In fact that is the reason why I can't give it a 5. Other than that though I would stay here again, the place was roomy, a lot like a small apartment.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Luxburyinn, General Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Luxbury Inn & Suites. We added flat screen televisions in all of our suites since your visit earlier this month. There is a flat screen television in the living room and in each bedroom too! So next visit you will have this added bonus! Come back and see use again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had reservation problems. We were going down to ride the tail of the dragon. The Luxbury is pretty close to the beginning of the trail and located in Maryville, TN. I had called the hotel for help and Nick was very nice and helped me until I was satisfied with the our reservations. When we arrived we were treated with respect and welcomed. The staff was very helpful during our stay. The room was clean and not too small with a kitchenette and for the price it was a pretty good value, even though the continental breakfast was sadly lacking.

Room Tip: We had 111, first floor and we could park our bikes right outside the door, very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twilhelm
Luxburyinn, General Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to do a review on our venue in Maryville,TN, YES we are near the entrance of The Dragon. So glad to hear Nick was helpful with your reservations. All of our motorcyclist guests love being able to park their bikes near their spacious suites entrance too!

Please come see us again really soon and should you ever bring a group of motorcyclist feel free to call our sale team member and set up a group block. You can reach Carol at (865) 643-3443.
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Hotel was mediocre. Got a room here for hog rally door wouldn't lock to room moved us to handicap room.found out afterwards we overpaid by $45 saw in brochure for rally they were $75. Area of location is congested with heavy traffic but room was clean and comfortable. Rally also was a dissatisfying experience!

• Stayed May 2013
Luxburyinn, General Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you for staying at Luxbury Inn & Suites, only minutes from Smoky Mountain Harley - Davidson (SMH-D). We offer our guests coming from SMH-D a Sunday-Thursday rate of $75.00. This is for our one bedroom suite and based on availability, however we don't offer this same rate on Friday or Saturday.

We are still getting acquainted with our new electronic locks that were recently installed for our guests safety. Sorry to hear about the weekend being disappointing. I know it rained a lot on Saturday too. Come see us again on a Sunday-Thursday sometime for that special SMH-D rate and thanks for the feedback.
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The room looked clean, but it gave me scabies. The manager assured me that they change the bed clothes between guests, but I don't believe that is the case. I started getting bites about an hour and half after getting in bed. The next morning I was covered in welts. At this point I was hoping and praying it was bedbugs or fleas, but unfortunately it was scabies mites that had burrowed in to my skin. They came preloaded with staff infection which caused sever cellulitis covering my arms almost completely. I'm totally horrified.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Luxburyinn, General Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
I am so sorry you are having repeated medical issues! (I read several other of your reviews with the same complaint.) I remember speaking with you during your visit and,since we have never had this type of complaint before, reached out to our pest control company and a well-respected local physician. Both professionals assured me that it is impossible to catch scabies from a hotel room. The fact is that scabies is spread only through direct skin-to-skin contact and, after infestation, symptoms do not appear until 14-17 days. Fortunately, based upon the facts, it is impossible for you to have been infested by our hotel or any other hotels Since you have had recurring problems, I urge you to link to the article with these facts: http://www.medicinenet.com/scabies/article.htm Hopefully, this information will be of help. We do appreciate your business and are sorry you are having health problems. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I can't believe there are reviews recommending this place. It's dirty, loud with street noise, out-dated furnishings fixtures, TV's from the 80's, It's just plain creepy & would never return. Breakfast was old cheerios and decaying fruit. This place is seriously gross.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra O
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Luxbury Inn & Suites. Our hotel will be replacing the older televisions with flat screen 40 inch in the next few months.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryville
Quality Inn Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
#5 of 15 in Alcoa
MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Hilton Knoxville Airport
Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa
Candlewood Suites Knoxville Airport-Alcoa

Been to Luxbury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!