“Nice change”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Key Lime Cafe - CLOSED

The Key Lime Cafe
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a diverse Cafe. We serve soups, salads & sandwiches. Some of the sandwiches that serve ranch from Gourmet Chicken Salad to Cubans on homemade Cuban bread to Shrimp Po-Boy Sandwiches. We also have the best Key Lime Pie in Blount & Knox County. On have a variety of desserts on different days of the week. Please call to find out what we have.
Louisville
“Nice change”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A friend of mine and I had lunch there on my birthday so I knew I was in for a nice free b'day dessert which is very sweet of them to do. Not sure how many owners there are but one of them actually served us and another lady/owner came out to check on us. Our main server was very pleasant too, with a fun sense of humor.

I ordered the chicken salad on a croissant w/ pot. chips and house salad as my sides. The chicken salad was sooooo good and I'm picky about chicken salad. My friend had a club sandwich w/ pot. chips and pasta salad as side. It was all good but the only thing I would rave about is the chicken salad.

So for dessert, I had a few choices. Unfortunately this Florida girl does not like key lime pie. Go figure so they offered me a free piece of freshly made that morning, German chocolate cake. It was huge! It was very good too and I'm not a big cake eater either. My friend and I shared some and I had enough left over for two more desserts.

My only complaint is that they do not have bleu cheese dressing. It wasn't on the menu and I didn't bother asking. I guess I should have. My friend and I love bleu cheese and bet there are more bleu cheese lovers out there than thousand island, which they did have. I will definitely be back to try their other dishes. If you're like me and sick and tired of the same chain restaurant food and want some simple fresh homemade food, come here.

• Visited May 2014

“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Here is a small café that is refreshing to visit. Just about everything there is made at this place. The chicken salad is wonderful. Their homemade soups are excellent. Customer service is great. Prices are reasonable.
I had the Strawberry Spinach Salad and I was unable to finish it. The cost for the salad was only $7.95. Great price.
Will visit often.

• Visited May 2014
“Great food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We visited the Key Lime Café last week and I loved it. The homemade chicken salad sandwich was the best in town! I also saved room for the signature key lime pie with homemade whip topping and it was out of this world!! My only regret is that I shared the pie with my husband!!

tennessee
“First time visitor”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We went for lunch as a group of 8 on a Thursday at 11:30 am. The decor was the same as the previous restaurant here (Vintage Garden Tea Room). The service was very bad from the time we arrived. It took 3 attempts to get everyone's drink order correct. Each of us ordered and 7 lunches came out and the last one (which was a club sandwich that 2 others also ordered) took another 10 minutes. I honestly think that they forgot the order. One order was completely wrong and they had to take it back and try again.
As we started the meal most of the glasses had been empty a while before we were given any refills. We had to ask twice for to go boxes that finally came. We said we wanted desert - 3 of us ordered and 10 minutes later those desserts were returned when the other 3 people got to order their desserts.
We heard a manager say one of the waitresses called in sick and they were overrun. The restaurant was less than 1/2 full - I do not think that is overrun. The owner was there, a young guy as a waiter, another older lady and one other person. There was only one person taking everyone in the restaurants payments so that was a painfully slow process.
The food was good and the portions were large - but honestly I was so put off by the poor service and the prices I might not go back (I had a club sandwich with 2 sides, iced tea and strawberry key lime pie and my bill was $16.68 without tip).

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank twosassyk
Judy H, Owner at The Key Lime Cafe, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
In regards to what "2sassyk" wrote, what she did not see or failed to mention was after her party of 8 came in we had two more parties of 6 or more.
Does that excuse the fact that their glasses were left empty, NO it does not. As for the food, I remember one persons food was not correct, not everyone's.
Our menu prices range from $5.00 to $10.00, depending on what you buy.
Miss "2sassyk" had a club sandwich with 2 generous sides. That is $8.95. Tea is $1.75, cheaper than anywhere else. A slice of pie is $4.00. That total comes to $14.70 plus tax.

Everyone who has read her remark need to come try our place for yourself. Everything that we can is homemade on site, not brought in pre-made like everywhere else.

We have two pes of homemead chicken salad, homemade soups, desserts, pimento cheese, egg salad just to name a few of our homemade products.

If you come in and bring a copy of her printout I personally will guarantee you ONE free slice of pie.

The Key Lime Cafe