“Best Key Lime”
Review of The Key Lime Cafe - CLOSED

The Key Lime Cafe
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a diverse Cafe. We serve soups, salads & sandwiches. Some of the sandwiches that serve ranch from Gourmet Chicken Salad to Cubans on homemade Cuban bread to Shrimp Po-Boy Sandwiches. We also have the best Key Lime Pie in Blount & Knox County. On have a variety of desserts on different days of the week. Please call to find out what we have.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you want true Key Lime Pie this place is awesome.
I have been to many places & have had key lime pie but by far this is the best & the service is great too.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I've now eaten at Key Lime Cafe twice in the past week and thoroughly enjoyed both visits! The first was this past Thursday on my birthday and enjoyed a delicious egg salad sandwich with pasta salad, and carrot salad sides. The homemade key lime pie matches that of one of my best friend's recipes. She grew up and graduated in Key West and after bringing her pie to our home for a friend's gathering is not allowed back without another of her pies. Since she's in Key West for the summer, it was terrific to enjoy such an incredible dessert! Both my mother and brother ordered the club sandwich which turned out to be a double decker club with what my mom thinks was a whole bag of chips. I can't believe that she ate all of it! We certainly got our money's worth. Today, my hubby and I enjoyed breakfast including 2 eggs, 2 pieces of sausage or bacon, 2biscuits and gravy. Again, delicious and was terrific to enjoy getting to know the owner while eating a "home-cooked" breakfast! One of the staff members even remembered me from my bday and asked if I'd enjoyed my day without my saying a word to her. If you've ever enjoyed a B and B you will love the food and personable service at the cafe! If you're looking for fast food and the fast pace that goes along with it then you should certainly stick to a chain restaurant. Best wishes for the Key Lime Cafe and the awesome folks connected to it!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had an open faced turkey sandwich that consisted of a couple of pieces of thin sourdough bread, deli sliced turkey, instant mashed potatoes and what tasted like instant gravy. The people were nice however it took too long to get our food, seeing as how we were the first two in the door. We waited over 20 minutes for two sandwiches. The key lime pie was soso, i can assure you it's not worth the $4.00 per slice price tag. Full Service BBQ directly across the street is the much better option. Open Faced Turkey Sandwich 6.50, Tea 1.75, Chips 1.00 and Small Slice of Pie 4.00 plus tax = 14.54 for lunch before tip....Yikes!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A friend of mine and I had lunch there on my birthday so I knew I was in for a nice free b'day dessert which is very sweet of them to do. Not sure how many owners there are but one of them actually served us and another lady/owner came out to check on us. Our main server was very pleasant too, with a fun sense of humor.

I ordered the chicken salad on a croissant w/ pot. chips and house salad as my sides. The chicken salad was sooooo good and I'm picky about chicken salad. My friend had a club sandwich w/ pot. chips and pasta salad as side. It was all good but the only thing I would rave about is the chicken salad.

So for dessert, I had a few choices. Unfortunately this Florida girl does not like key lime pie. Go figure so they offered me a free piece of freshly made that morning, German chocolate cake. It was huge! It was very good too and I'm not a big cake eater either. My friend and I shared some and I had enough left over for two more desserts.

My only complaint is that they do not have bleu cheese dressing. It wasn't on the menu and I didn't bother asking. I guess I should have. My friend and I love bleu cheese and bet there are more bleu cheese lovers out there than thousand island, which they did have. I will definitely be back to try their other dishes. If you're like me and sick and tired of the same chain restaurant food and want some simple fresh homemade food, come here.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Here is a small café that is refreshing to visit. Just about everything there is made at this place. The chicken salad is wonderful. Their homemade soups are excellent. Customer service is great. Prices are reasonable.
I had the Strawberry Spinach Salad and I was unable to finish it. The cost for the salad was only $7.95. Great price.
Will visit often.