“Nice Hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Strathaven Hotel

Strathaven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strathaven
Newmilns
“Nice Hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We received a very warm welcome from staff on arrival, we had booked using an Itison voucher but were also attending a function in the hotel. We had a light bite to eat in the bar and it was well presented and tasted delicious. Rooms were a little on the small side but we're clean and we'll kept . Food at the function was lovely and breakfast the next day was really good, nice change getting it cooked to order rather than buffet, lots of variety. Both waiting staff and reception were helpful and friendly. Would stay again although I'm not sure if I could afford their normal room rate, might wait for another deal

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel using an itison voucher on Sunday 9th February for our 6th wedding anniversary and had a really lovely time. Our room was comformtable if a little dated (although when we checked out I saw into a couple of other rooms which looked more modern, maybe we were given a room not so recently decorated because of our cheap rate) but no complaints at all about it. We enjoyed a relaxed afternoon and ate in the hotel that evening. At the recommendation of the receptionist (Sinead I think, really lovely lady) we ate in the west lounge rather than the resteraunt as it was nice to sit by the fire. All the food was completely delicious and I didn't think overpriced at all - we eat out quite often and the prices were pretty much what I would have expected. Our breakfast next morning was excellent and it is so nice to have it cooked to order rather than sitting under heat lamps.
The big thing though that set this place apart was the staff. Everyone was warm and friendly, happy to chat and nothing felt like too much trouble. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley M
lanarkshire
Reviewed 13 February 2014

it was a cold snowy afternoon and I was really looking forward to lunch so we stopped off at the hotel warm welcome ,cosy room and a very good lunch menu had a pleasant afternoon and have read a few reviews saying it is stuck in the times but sometimes thats nice and this hotel lives up to that would recommend

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here using the itison voucher which was giving to us for Christmas. We checked In to the room. Which was fine. Nothing special, went for a wander about the town came back and decided to just eat in the hotel, as the town is empty. Long story cut short we had a terrible experience in the restaurant and wasn't happy with the servuce that we recieved. By this point I had enough. I wanted home so we got upstair packed up and five hours after checking in we went to check out. Got to reception and the girl asked if we would speak to the manager about the problems which we did. She done everything she could to explain and apologise and insisted us to stay. She moved us to the honeymoon suite and sent desserts up to our room. She really did try to make us happy as did the girl on reception. Overall I would say that I wouldn't stay again but i wouldnt discourage others from giving it a try.

• Stayed February 2014
Amesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Arriving on a very wet, January night I was given a warm reception and there is plenty of free parking at the hotel.

My room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was rather low for me and the shower head decided it didnt want to stay upright!.

The Wifi was free and a reasonable speed and the TV was well placed & a good size.

The breakfast was very good and cooked to order rather than being a buffet which is always a good sign.

I'd definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
carlisle
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Didn't stay this review is for the restaurant .

Seems a bit stuck behind the times.

May just have been when we were there but only a few other diners and all over a certain age, which is fine but a place like this on a Saturday evening should be busier, with a range of clientele.

Staff were on the whole very friendly and there was a nice atmosphere in the public areas of the hotel.

The food is the letdown, I don't have a big appetite but we all found the portions a bit on the small side, certainly for the cost. Not a good choice either, not great quality either.

I think a carvery would be fab! Good home cooked food would be fabulous. The roast beef we had seemed in my opinion to be pre packed frozen stuff.

Such a shame as could be brilliant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strathaven
New Lanark Mill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosebank
Bruce Hotel
Bruce Hotel
#7 of 7 in East Kilbride

Been to Strathaven Hotel? Share your experiences!