“Brilliant”

Vecchia Bologna
Price range: US$1 - US$48
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beautiful quite setting, private gardens and large car park. open 7 days lunch and dinner
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just to say that my husband, granddaughter, myself and a trainee assistance pup had a wonderful lunch two weeks ago. The pup was made most welcome and was offered water. The food was exceptionally good and there were clean plates all round! The staff were very helpful and friendly. Definately will be back. Highly recommend it

1  Thank Kety123

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went with my Girlfriend, her Sister, and her Sister's partner as a thank you to them.
I found this wonderful restaurant when I received an e-mail from one of the well known "Voucher" companies.
I purchased the Two course plus coffee deal for four at an amazing saving.
The restaurant is not on the main road in Bridge of Allan, so a map or sat-nav is recommended.
The whole experience was fantastic from the staff, food and wonderful scenery.
The only downside was the drink prices. £5.80 for a 250ml glass of rose wine, and £3.00 for a pint of lemonade!! Although Jim's pint bottle of cider was average at £3.00.
If I could I would have marked it down by only 1/2 a point for the drinks, but the rating is only in full points.
But for a special treat regardless of voucher, I would recommend this without a shadow of a doubt.

1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is one of our most favourite places to eat and we have been customers of the family and their great staff for many years. We have never had even the slightest reason to be unhappy with spending our hard earned cash in.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Have been many times for dinner - as recent as last Sunday. Excellent choice of food, well prepared and attractively presented. Would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Fourteen of us visited to celebrate my Fathers 60th birthday. He had often driven past on the way to visit his Mother in a local nursing home and had always fancied dining here. He did not hesitate when asked where he fancied going for his 60th and we were not disappointed. We had 3 children in the party and were worried about them disturbing other diners if they were noisy but we needn't have worried. We were made to feel welcome and seated outside the conservatory which suited us fine. Staff were welcoming, friendly and efficient.

We ordered a variety of starters and main meals and everyone commented on how good their food was. My husband especially enjoyed the stroganoff and he is a hard man to please so don't be put off by previous reviews. Infact he said it was one of the best meals he had ever had! I had chicken in mushroom sauce which was devine, not fancy and didn't pretend to be but tasted amazing. The children were easily catered for with pasta dishes made to suit. The older two shared a pizza following the advice of the waitress who said the pizzas were big enough for two. Their only gripe was that there was too much oregano on the pizza but this was an oversight on our part and we should have requested it to be left plain. Puddings followed and again there was empty plates all round. The tiriamasu, sticky toffee pudding and creme brulee recieved special mention and I particularly liked adding a liqueur to plain old ice cream. This was a nice touch.
A round of malts followed for the gents and my Dad was left to peruse the malt collection behind the bar before making his selection. Again a nice touch.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our visit here. We will definetly return and have already pencilled the Bologna in as a possible venue for a graduation dinner this summer.