“Different Italian with interesting menu and varied choices”
Review of La Cucina

La Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Italian Restaurant Ideal For Lunch And Business Meetings During The Day And Night, Serving A La Carte Meals With The Emphasis On Daily Specials.
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The menu was lovely - so much to choose from. The full price main courses were a little on the expensive side but great service and amazing food - made it worth the extra expense. The early dinner menu was good value for money - the chicken coated in parmesan was luscious. Will defenitely go back.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We visited La Cucina on a quiet Monday evening to celebrate our 1st anniversary and I must say that expectations were exceeded formidably. We were warmly greeted and sat at a nice table near the front window, quite romantic. Service throughout was extremely proffessional indeed. A lovely bottle of red wine was opened and poured as if the waiter had gone through extensive sommelier training...brilliant! My starter or beef carpaccio was probably the best I have ever tasted, so melt in the mouth and of excellent quality. Rump of lamb for my main and this was exquisitely executed being perfectly pink in the middle and oh so tender! To round off, I had the praline semifreddo which was quite nice however, my partner had the tiramisu which I can officially say was simply the best I have ever tasted and I have had many! My partner, took the Torre di Bosco(Mozzarella, roast peppers, tomatoes, aubergine) and I had a wee taste...relatively simple but very fresh and tasty. Thereafter, was a main course of a chicken pasta dish(the name of which escapes me) with a very creamy, cheesy sauce and really quite delicious albeit not a patch on my lamb and perhaps a very small criticism in that the pasta was slightly overcooked.
Coffee's, Italian brandy and Amaretto to finish and a total of £100 which I thought extremely reasonable.

What a perfect eveing and I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone. An easy 5 stars...Well done La Cucina!
We will be back very soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We recently made our second visit to La Cucina, for a "Special birthday". Once again we had a lovely evening - a lively ambience, excellent service and wonderful food, attractively presented. They seem to have a lot of waiters in relation to the number of tables, so no problem in getting attention. And it always seems well filled, which makes for a good atmosphere.
We both had different Goats' Cheese-based starters, and different veal main courses. All were very tasty, the veal coming with two tasty vegertables. The portions are good-sized, without being gross. The desserts are great too - all the usual Italian favourites.
Good choice of wine (even by the glass), and good coffee. And well located for public transport too.
I would not call it cheap - £75 for all the above (including three 175ml glasses of wine). But it's excellent value. Make sure to reserve in advance!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Warm welcome by the staff who where all smartly dress, really good Italian food and service, three course launch time meal for two
Starter Mushrooms with garlic, white wine butter, Main...Penne Alfredo garlic, ham and cream followed by Homemade Mascarpone and fruits of the forest Cheesecake with one drink each £30 all in

Will be back...

Reviewed 16 February 2012

La Cucina is our local Italian restaurant and we love eating here!

Staff are very friendly and attentive. Menues are varied with daily specials on the board - food is delicious and tasty. Lovely wines on offer too.

1  Thank lucieainsworth