“Good Food Let Down by Service”
Review of La Cucina

La Cucina
Price range: US$14 - US$57
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Italian Restaurant Ideal For Lunch And Business Meetings During The Day And Night, Serving A La Carte Meals With The Emphasis On Daily Specials.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We ate here on Friday night. The food was good, but I cannot say the same for the service.
We had not booked but managed to get a table with no difficulty. We were shown to our table, given menus which I must say were rather tatty and asked what we wanted to drink all without any pleasantries or chit chat. When the waiter returned with our drinks (a wine and a soda water which was flat) there was no mentions of that evenings specials. These were on chalk boards around the room, we did not notice these until after our order was taken.
The longer we were in the restaurant the more obvious it became that regulars / locals were more important. In fact the two gentlemen at the table next to us were positively fawned over by all staff. I have absolutely no problem with this but at the same time feel that new customers should be treated in a warm and friendly manner as well.

2  Thank gtdm

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food was very nice and the service was good. They made a bit of a fuss of me as it was my birthday which was nice. I wasn't mad about the wine but i'm not that keen on Italian wine so that's not really there fault.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Fantastic food, excellent service and reasonably priced. The restaurant had a good buzz. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Fantastic staff, excellent food and friendly and comfortable atmosphere.
We regularly visit La Cucina and have never been let down. Richard leads an excellent team who always do everything they can to make your time in the restaurant as enjoyable. Cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. We will continue to visit on a regular basis and will always look forward to our time in La Cucina.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had the best ever Penne alla Norcina last night. It is one of my favorites and this was definately the best I have had anywhere. It was so good I cant stop thinking about it today. I went with 15 work colleagues and the service was as always fantastic.