“Out of a Storybook” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out of a Storybook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

When I first came here in the Winter of 2012 with my Uni friends, I remember just being genuinely amazed for the first time - this place is fantastic! When I describe it to my friends they all want to come see it and it's one of the most remembered memory my American, French and Irish friends have from when they visited Scotland.

The beer is amazing, and the look of the brewery is on par. I have far too many fond memories of this place and I hope that this is the one place in Scotland that stays open forever!

Visited December 2012
Douglas R, Owner at Allanwater Brewhouse, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Hi there,

We're so glad you enjoyed yourself when you came to see us. As a team, we really try and make each customers' experience both interesting and fun, so it's lovely to hear such a positive review. Thank you!

Edinburgh
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Blink n you'll miss it-so make sure you don't!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Tiny wee place hidden underneath the best western hotel, and well worth the search. Lovely cosy pub/micro brewery with friendly n knowledgable staff. Fine selection of their craft beers n very tasty ciders. Excellent hospitality n left very satisfied-if a little too well watered! Highly recommended

Visited April 2013

Stirling, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic for a drop-in visit, and also for party bookings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Being a Bridge of Allan local I have visited the Allanwater Brewhouse many times, just dropping in for a beer or two. The atmosphere is cosy and welcoming, and the staff are always friendly. I recently arranged a group booking for a party of around 30 people who were visiting the University on business, and I'm so glad we chose the Brewhouse for our evening entertainment. Everybody had a great time trying all the different samples of beer and cider, picking out their favourites and discussing different likes and dislikes. The staff had also organised a BBQ meal for us as well which was just phenomenal. I'm pretty sure that we were not the easiest group to cater for (lots of different dietary requirements), but everybody ended up with an extremely generous plate of food that suited their requirements. The staff really could not have been more accommodating. It was also incredibly reasonably priced. Lots of people commented that they had had a great time, and that the event had worked really well as a fun social icebreaker during our otherwise fairly business-oriented meeting. Highly recommended!!

Hi there,

Hope to see more of all of you in the new year,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Never fails to impress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have been coming here for years, and always find it a brilliant and cosy place to sit if you want a quiet drink in the afternoon, especially when they have the fire place lit. It can be rather tight for space when it is busy (which is why I visit in the afternoon and not the evening) but the drinks are well worth it. There are always numerous options of ales and ciders available and the special event varieties keep things exciting (for example, a few years back they made a pumpkin beer for Halloween). The place is full of quirky items that add interest and I am still noticing new things, for example to mirror image analogue clock is great to try and read after a few pints! The staff are very knowledgeable and are great to chat to and are always happy to answer questions about the ales. It may not be to everyone's taste but for the majority, it is a hidden gem.

1 Thank Lady_Autumn

The Brewhouse team

PS: Lots of new seasonal ales, such as Christmas Pudding Pot and Hogmanay Pot! Hope you get a chance to try them soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Not to be missed if you are in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We travelled from Glasgow to do the brewery tour which I booked a while ago and I wondered if it was worth the hour drive. More than worth it. The tour was more for my partner as he loves beer. I was driving so only had a tiny taste of each beer, some I liked others not so, but when you get to taste 8 beers and two ciders there is always going to be something you like. Included in the tour was a meat platter what we did not expect was a fully cooked meal! Amazing, we did the tour with 8 others and it was very, very sociable and everybody in the group agreed that they thought it was superb value for money, and they would all go back, for sure we will. To top it all you get two bottles of beer to take away. The only regret I have is driving.

Visited August 2013
Douglas R, Owner at Allanwater Brewhouse, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hi there,

We're so glad you enjoyed your time here! It is a bit of a trek from the big cities, but we like to think we're a unique enough attraction that it's worth it. Please do come back and see us soon. Hopefully this time you'll be on the train, and will be able to drink as many ales as you'd like!

The Brewhouse Team.