“a wonderful microbrewery”

Alloa, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a wonderful microbrewery”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Took a little bit of finding, and looked like nothing from the outside.

But once inside was something of a gem. An increadbly old rustic beautiful pub.

The some beer wont be to everyone liking the chilli beer will not be to everyone liking (it genuinely hot like hot sauce I loved itbut can understand no one esle hating it. )

However with a large number of beers are on tap and they offer free taste s so you are bound to find something that you will like.

But for someplace to sit and have a wonderful time looking at brewery equitment or board games.

Visited August 2014
Thank Wolfgang Christ... F

Falkirk, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“it's gone off”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My 3rd visit here , on a tour my son had bought for me , he came as well also my son in law .
A gold tour (£24) where we had a meal option and picked the bbq meal when booking. When we arrived there were 2 men already there , then another 3 arrived and I noticed they had silver (£16) tour tickets.That was the group , 8 of us . We tasted our 6 sample beers and they were awful . Like sour water.( I am an ex CAMRA member and know a wee bit about beer ) .
The 2 ciders we tasted were drinkable.
When it came to our choice of pint 7 opted for the cider 1 for a beer , this tells you how good the beer was . The server said "what your at a brewery and you all want cider " I felt a bit guilty , as my son had brought me here for the beer and changed my mind and tried a beer . A fruit beer which I thought was the best of a bad bunch .
Then we were told the meal was stovies , which was promptly dished up , it was Ok to be fair but no bbq meal.
The 3 men who came in last got up and left telling me they were " away for some real beer "
I asked whether we got a bottle of beer as part of the tour ( was included last time BUT you only got it if you asked ) and was told no .
On returning home I checked what their tours now consist of on their website and I can see the server was correct .
I have asked them why they charge £8 difference on the tours yet everyone got the same and NOT what they paid for and will update this if they reply.
So to sum up £24 gets you 8 wee tastings (say maybe 11/2 pints at most ), a pint of your choice , a plate of stoves and a 15 min brewery tour .
My first 2 visits were OK , the beer was fine , but they were groupons so made the cost more reasonable .
My son , it turns out paid full whack , the beer was dire , and I'm feeling sorry for him.
I don't think anybody in the group will be back.
I think if they keep this up they'll go out the game .
For the good ?

Visited August 2014
2 Thank irateian
East Kilbride
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A great wee Brewery”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Amazing find, this is a well run micro brewery, by some one who obviously has a passion for what he does. Could do with an outside area to sit. Could also do with a clean, although funnily enough the dust adds character ! There is a whole host of beers to sample or buy and you are made to feel very welcome.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Stag group”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very informative and excellent value. Highly recommended for groups. Sampled a great variety of beers.

Visited May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Quaint little pub with great atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This place is at the back of the queens hotel and entrance can be hard to find. I don't drink ale so can't comment on the beer. I did try the raspberry cider which was nice and bramble beer which was ok. It was the character of this place that I loved. It does need a dust down but very authentic. Everywhere you look there are old beer bottles and artifacts. On Saturday night they have live bands - guy playing guitar and banjo who interacts with crowd and creates a great atmosphere. We had an enjoyable night and would return.

Visited April 2014