“over priced, poor quality and poor service.”
Review of paparazzi - CLOSED

paparazzi
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Paparazzi is located on a prominent corner site offering outdoor seating. Within - breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are served from 9am to Late, Mon-Sat, 10am - 9pm Sun. Specialising in Italian & European cusine. Handmade Pizzas and Burgers, Pasta, Steak, Chicken, Fish, Salads and much more - all presented with flare and using the finest ingredients. A late morning or afternoon homemade scone or cake and finest coffee, fabulous breakfast, delicious lunch or a wondeful dinner are all on offer. An open kitchen allows customers to see their food being prepared to order. Staff are mixologist trained and a fantastic cocktail list and outstanding wine selection is guaranteed. Quality and value within modern, chic and comfortable surroundings is our policy. We are proud of our team and what we do. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome very soon.
“over priced, poor quality and poor service.”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Called in here for lunch during the week. What a disappointment. Our sharing platter and bruschetta took a full 40 minutes to reach our table despite the fact the place was more or less empty. Platter was well below average and the buschetta was disgusting hideous topping served on un-toasted bread.

The waiter was very polite and clearly embarrassed at the speed of kitchen service. I really wouldn't bother - pop further up the road and go to The Jam Jar where we have also eaten. A much better experience. Sorry if you're the owner and read this but I just have to be brutally honest.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Edinburghtravelers

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely simply tasty food. Great meal! Friendly staff and left with a happy tummy”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Bunch of us uni students came in mass for a meal after a hard cross country running race! We were all starving! The food was excellent and tasty and we all left feeling very satisfyingly full. The service was brilliant and very friendly

3 Thank BronaghStudent
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top food; top service; top place!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Had an excellent time!

I was part of a large party that went to this restaurant and couldn't speak higher of the place.
The food was great. High quality and a good variety. They provided a buffet for a starter followed by pizza and pasta. All excellent and more than enough.

The staff were very pleasant and catered to our needs excellently. All were lovely people and had a good laugh with them too.

I would highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Scott S
Scotland
“Pleasant, unhurried lunch”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

It was a quiet lunchtime. Perhaps 3 or 4 tables taken. First impression was that this place was a step back to the 80s, with large photos of film stars on strong-coloured walls.

I asked for a fresh orange juice. What got was a glass of that cheap juice you get from supermarkets, made from concentrate. We had to wait around half an hour before our food arrived. There was just one person in the kitchen who looked like he was the twin of the waiter. My salad was nice enough, but again there was a feeling of "I could have done that myself with food from a cheap supermarket". My wife's risotto was reported to be nice.

Coffee was OK, but Italian restaurants usually give me better than OK.

On the plus side, the meals were not expensive by Italian restaurant standards, and the young waiter was friendly. But the long wait and the "nothing special" ingredients means I can't give this place a coveted 4th star!

• Visited January 2014
“Child friendly and brilliant pizza”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Paparazzi is a family favourite of ours since moving to the area. Discovered via their participation in the Taste card scheme we now eat here at least once a month.

The pizzas are always very tasty, I've tried a couple of different topping combinations but my favorite is the Calzone which comes with a nice sized side salad. Food always comes well presented and you can tell that the chefs take pride in what they serve. For children there are plenty of choices and the prices are very reasonable. I tried a pancake from the menu last visit (am usually too full up for pudding) and really enjoyed it, would go back just to have a pancake and a coffee! The staff are always chatty, helpful and friendly to our 3.5 year old daughter who likes to talk and ask questions and since our new baby arrived I can say that the nappy changing facilities are good - the toilet with the nappy facilities was lovely and warm on a chilly January evening.

Overall we really enjoy eating here and will continue to dine here often. It's a great family friendly restaurant in a nice convenient location.

Visited January 2014