“Disappointed -----Dirty and damp” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Royal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bridge of Allan
Fort William, United Kingdom
“Disappointed -----Dirty and damp”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hotel dirty and damp. Shower over bath didn't maintain temperature. Carpets and chairs in room were stained. Light fitting full of flies. Whole place needed a good clean and renovated. Definitely not worth the price. Would not visit again.

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 22rtwer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Stirling, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Your glass of bubbly is Lambrini, scones and pancakes were neither fresh nor home made! Coffee tasted like instant, sandwiches had obviously been left uncovered in the kitchen.. For a while!! Overall a very disappointing experience and will not be back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 5co11y

Travellers are raving about these Bridge of Allan hotels

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Booked half price dinner bed and breakfast deal for Mrs ahlbbak and myself at Royal and after reading some reviews was a bit worried.Have been before for bar lunch and remembered hotel as being very old building but well run with good food.On arriving were greeted by very friendly receptionist and made very welcome,given room no 11 which was obviously recently refurbished and above 3 star standard(tho they are trying for fourth star) and personally I feel with a few tweeks they deserve this.The staff we encountered were all very customer friendly and welcoming,Only problem we had was room was very cold and radiator was not adequate for size of room, however once we told member of staff an additional heater was provided and that was more than sufficient for us.Prices for alcohol were more like pub than hotel prices,the menu for dinner is mind boglingly large and a bit too large if you ask me but we enjoyed our food as did everyone we spoke to.The only negative was the slow service,I dont know if it was just an off night but it was slow,and to be honest not very well organised.But overall I would still go back and recommend the Royal to family and friends as the staff obviously try very hard and it has lovely rooms,good food and affordable bar.

Room Tip: Dont know if all rooms have been redone ask when booking.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank ahlbbak
Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I received a gift of afternoon tea and bubbly as a Christmas gift from friends. It had been a Groupon deal and we were thrilled by the thoughtfulness of the gift.
Unfortunately the quality of the food served up was extremely poor and the “ I’ll take a note of your complaint and let the manager know” attitude of the waiting staff did little to alleviate our disappointment.
Shop bought scones and mini cakes, and basic bread sandwiches with as thin a filling of ham/ egg or cheese that you could imagine. The jam for the scones was re-potted into mini glass jars to give an impression of quality produce as was the cream which tasted like dream topping.It came with a plastic portion of margarine.
The hotel looked tired and there seemed to be damp on the walls of the dining room, but it was the food quality that was for us the source of our dissatisfaction.
We have not yet heard from the manager despite a 4 day time lapse so customer satisfaction seems to be of little importance to the establishment. Avoid.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shelagh22W
scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My friend and I were searching for somewhere to eat and this hotel had promising signs outside advertising good food deals.From outside we could see a brightly lit bar.
We went into the reception area and stood for a while looking into a rather subdued restaurant, a staff member headed our way.We asked about eating and she looked us up and down and hissed " if you wish" and walked off.
We stuck our noses into the empty bar and were ignored by the barmaid.
So this is not a review of the food only of the frosty reception we received. Suffice to say we went elsewhere and very good it was too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank potatomum
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Booked the hotel for our Christmas party with 8 friends. What a fantastic night we had ! Food was excellent , no the usual pressed turkey or beef all very fresh including veg with a great trio if desserts.
Table service & bar staff excellent !!
Breakfast the following morning was Devine !!
Will definitely book for next year !!
Great night for a great price !

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Stirling, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Book in for sparkling afternoon tea with a Groupon deal, whole afternoon was disappointing. The bread wasn't the freshest and I doubt the cakes were homemade. The 6 mini packs of flora for the pancakes and scones did make me chuckle. On leaving I was asked for my voucher I showed the man on reception the voucher on my app he told me I had to print or email, he was rather rude throughout the time I was trying to access my email to send it. I wouldn't go back the one thing I hate is rudeness.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
The Queen's Hotel
The Queen's Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bridge of Allan

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!