“Overnight stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bridge of Allan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Me and wife stayed on the 2nd may,plenty of parking,hotel was nice and quiet.we had room 6 which was on the front of hotel,no complaints about the room and we didnt hear any traffic during the night.we had dinner in hotel and the food was lovely,we where stuffed after our 3 courses.
Breakfast was also very good and a good selection.prices are all reasonable and we found the staff very pleasant and helpful. We will be back.

Thanks again

Room Tip: Their is a very small lift for people in the hotel if you find stairs to hard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Lanarkshire
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel on Good Friday. Everything about this hotel was perfect......Even the weather was glorious !!!! Rooms refurbished and immaculate, Food amazing, staff wonderful (every member of staff we encountered from the Manager to the waiting staff to housekeeping were amazing ). Even though the hotel was full.....everything was faultless. Bridge Of Allan is a beautiful, quaint place to visit. Cant wait to return to this lovely hotel. Keep up the good work !
Booked through Classic Britain DBB for £34.50.......best money ever spent !!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
glasgow
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I purchased a one night stay with dinner and breakfast from Amazon ages ago for birthday treat for my hubby. We decided to stay for another night and spoke to Fiona who gave us a deal on the second night which was also great value. We arrived and were quickly checked in with a nice welcoming manner and allocated room 6 on first floor which we found to be huge with large bathroom also. I have read other reviews saying showers weren't very good but ours was great , very power full with lovely hot water. I would agree that certain areas of the hotel are tired looking but given the age of the building they didn't affect our stay whatsoever. The only criticism we could make about our room were the windows in that you had to fully close the curtains for privacy as room is overlooked from across the road, not very fashionable I believe, but maybe some voile curtains which would allow natural light into room and give a hint of privacy during the day might be an idea. (Pet hate of mine using lights during the day) We enjoyed both dinner and breakfast and were served on each occasion quickly and efficiently We found all of the staff we came across to be pleasant , friendly and would take time to have a chat even although they are always busy doing one thing or another. I personally like to be treated as if I matter wherever I go when paying for something and felt that at The Royal Hotel. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and would definitely return and would recommend it.

1 Thank Nannie_RGlasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Bought this deal via Amazon Local - £70 for DBB. On arrival we were greeted by Kerry Ann, who was very friendly. Our room was a very decent size, and the bathroom appeared to have been recently tiled. Good choice of dinner menu, and the food was okay - have to say it's no better than what I could have cooked at home but it was edible and presented very well.
We were given a drink on the house as it was our anniversary, which was a really nice touch.
Breakfast was very enjoyable and had a really good selection of food.
Overall it was a very enjoyable stay, staff were really friendly and very attentive.
A couple of niggles though:
The curtain in our room was hanging off, and when I went to close them at night, the whole curtain came off the rail! God bless, the two guys who came up and try and fix it! They did manage a temporary repair but it really should have been sorted at the start.
The water in the shower did take an age to come through, I showered in cold/lukewarm water but by the time my husband had his shower it had heated up.
Those issues aside, I would definitely recommend The Royal Hotel and would even book again or into one of their hotels.
Bridge of Allan is a quaint little town, we had lunch at The Hideaway Café, which was delicious and sampled a few beers at the Allanwater Brewery which was also very nice! :)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just back from our one night stay bought through amazon deals. Staff are lovley and courteous! Overall the place cud be doing with a freshening up ie. paint, minor repairs etc. rooms were gud value although again cud be freshened up! Food was ok, although we ordered room service for breakfast and is was a bit on the cold side ( we were starvin so a scabby horse wudv done!) shower was a bit disappointing as it trickled rather than showered, still did the job tho :-/
All in all. I wud go back if I needed a base, gud for the basics!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Juliec1983
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Booked in for two night break which managed to stretch to six hours before walking out! Disabled parking spaces taken up with outside tables and chairs or cars parked without blue badges-complained on arrival but nothing done.
Room 17 allocated which was not clean-had no remote for T.V.-view resembled a prison with grey tiles and boarded up windows very depressing.
Wall lights on stair up to first floor hanging without even bulbs just open fittings great for Health and Safety!
On freshening up before going for dinner hand towel found to have a hole in it.
On arrival in dining room immediately noted that there were eight bulbs not working in light fittings and one light cover missing.
Ordered our meal and starter was served which was acceptable but not great by any means. Main course was served one of which was liver on a bed of mashed potatoes with vegetables and a caramelized onion gravy which of course is a very rich and dark. On cutting a small piece from the edge of a piece of liver the gravy changed immediately to a bright red. THE LIVER HAD NOT BEEN COOKED and was pouring blood. This was immediately returned and a replacement of poached haddock was requested. My wife had finished her main course before I had even started. The replacement dish was served and did appear to be somewhat pearly in colour and after a couple of mouthfuls which did not taste just right I turned the fish over to find to my disgust that it was RAW. Great for food poisoning! One mistake in food preparation was enough but two at the same serving was completely unacceptable. I complained bitterly and we left the dining room in disgust. The waiter/duty manager was very defensive in his attitude.
We went to our room and packed our case departing this shambles as soon as possible.
The following day we contacted the hotel and placed our complaints with Fiona and requested compensation. We were offered a refund of our booking payment and a complimentary overnight stay which was refused as we were not about to return to such a disaster area. I requested refund plus some compensation for the travel costs and costs of pet care. This was refused and the cost of our booking was reimbursed to my account as Full and Final compensation.
As is said would you accept a complimentary one nigh stay in such a place? After all the burnt child is scared of the fire!
This hotel does not come up to A.A.ONE STAR levels and not the three it displays.
Please Please do not make the same mistake we made and DO NOT BOOK INTO THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Don,t do it!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ian R
GlasgowKaty, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest,
On this occasion, may I start by apologising profusely for our short fall in our usual high standards here at the Royal Hotel. As you discussed your greivances shortly after with Fiona, a full refund was given, and as a gesture of goodwill your bar tab was also settled by us. We take constructive comments from all of our guests very seriously and use them to enhance our future guests experience.
As I am sure you have read our most recent reviews and you are aware that the Halo Hotels do operate to the highest standards of guest satisfaction, as per previous reviewers have stated. Once again please accept our sincerest apologies.

Kindest Regards

Tanith Lockwood

The Royal Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Bridge of Allan hotels

preston, uk
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just returned from a three night stay with my wife. We went on a special Amazon deal which was amazing value. But even without the special offer this is a reasonably priced hotel.
Bridge of Allan is a pleasant town and the area around full of history and amazing views.
The hotel itself is old fashioned with a Sixties look throughout.
The rooms though are large, clean and comfortable. Very large but firm beds.
We went half board. The breakfasts are first class and substantial.
Dinner I would describe as wholesome rather than Cordon Bleu. Pate, Pies, Lasagne, that sort of thing. They were substantial and reasonable quality so you will not go hungry. Puds were the best. Sticky Toffee being my favourite.
Staff throughout the hotel were efficient and friendly.
We would not hesitate to use this place again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Stirling
Golden Lion Hotel
Golden Lion Hotel
#10 of 20 in Stirling

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!