“ok but...”
Review of The Royal Hotel

The Royal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bridge of Allan
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A good location in the centre of this well-connected village. Pleasant rooms, but we had a vast bathroom - more room to sit down in the bedroom would have been more helpful. A gracious building, but quite a few niggles: like our king-size bed had a standard double-size sheet on it, which of course wouldn't stay put; and the wifi didn't reach to the bedrooms; and some papers that I left behind, which they promised to forward, never reached me... On the positive side, breakfast was good, with plenty of fruit available, and all staff were very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank seglea

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited here from the 15-17th June, and to be completely honest I was wasn't expecting top notch after reading some of the reviews on here.
When we arrived at noon our room was still being made up, we had been booked in as a gift and it was a voucher, it turned out we didn't have the right part of our receipt however these people booked us in to our room and couldn't have been more friendly and helpful..
After some window shopping on the Main Street we returned to the hotel and got given out key.
Yes as some people has said the rooms are a little tired but not to the extent people are making out, we had room 26, a gorgeous corner room at the side of the hotel with 2 big bay windows. This room had all the things we needed to have a nice clean happy stay.
Dinner at this hotel is 1st class, I didn't catch the Irish girls name but she was lovely, worked hard and was so friendly she also gave us some local information as did the tall dark haired man who wore glasses, I had ordered a burger for my lunch on the 2nd day and just because the seasoning wasn't to my tasting he took the meal off the bill and replaced it with a panini. This was Monday 16th June and it was scorching hot, all I wanted to do was get a cold shower and relax, the staff recognised I was struggling with the heat and again went out of their way to make me happy.. I had a fan to my room, and was also served our 3 course meal to our room at the table beside the bay window (for no extra charge)
Now we travel a lot and hand on my heart this is the most accommodation hotel I've ever stayed at, NO other hotel would have done this, not at least without charge!!
It wasn't until we were checking out we realised that we still hadn't resolved the voucher issue, which was sorted straight away..
We will return to this hotel on another visit to Stirling, purely because I like how these people work, the are friendly, helpful, hard working, I couldn't rate them higher..
See you all again soon, and thank you for a wonderful stay
Jaclyn & Glenn ;)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jaks_78
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in the Royal Hotel for one night as party of a wedding party, we stayed in room was 31, this was really big and clean, hotel had plenty room for parking cars, good breakfast in the morning, only concern was the lift was really small, overall a nice hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Book the Ivy for a hen night. Had a great night. The function room was perfect and the way the team had decorated it was brill. I don't normally write reviews but felt I had to due to one member of staff called David...his customer service was outstanding! Anything we asked for he done without even thinking about it. He made the night even better with the way he treated us. Such a genuine lovely guy with great customer service skills

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a 2 night stay with our dog and as per most dog friendly hotels arrived expecting to be placed on the ground floor with easy access to an exit to allow the dog out to the toilet, however we where put in a room in the centre of the corridor on the top floor of the hotel, we opened the door to find that the windows where full length sash windows which opened from the bottom and straight out onto a roughly 30ft drop which meant as we had the dog we where unable to open the window to let some air in. We where also placed on a floor with non pet owners who complained constantly about our dog barking, despite them claiming to be a dog friendly hotel it meant we weren't able to leave our dog in the hotel unattended as other people complained of the noise he made barking at any loud noises outside when he was left alone. As he is just a puppy he is easily startled at loud noises however had we not been placed in the centre of a busy corridor this would not have been such an issue. Despite this the rooms where very clean although there is no wifi available in them, staff where very friendly and accommodating with as much as they could. The dinner menu was a nice selection and the food was good however the breakfast let it down as it was small and not very nice at all. We got this hotel on an amazon deal package and to be honest we felt it wasn't really worth the money. We in fact asked for a refund after the first night as we where very disappointed with the prospect of not being able to leave our dog for a couple of hours the next day which meant we had to cancel our plans and head outside Stirling to an area we could take our dog instead. When we arrived back at night we where told that dogs where not allowed in the bar area and we had to sit in the beer garden (rather strange for a dog friendly hotel) however we accepted this and sat outside only to find that chewing gum was all over the floor and our poor dog ended up with clumps of it stuck in his fur. I don't think I would return to this hotel with the dog again. If returning at all I would definitely only use as a stop gap between other places.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dollface7
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for making us feel very welcome in your hotel.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we felt very comfortable.
We came with a Groupon Voucher & maybe expected to be a little less welcomed, but absolutely not. The room we had was lovely & spacious & the food was excellent.
Can,t wait to go back. Thanks again. x

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greedy-Guts1810
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Initially we were given a room in the Ivy- which was very shabby with a non existent mattress. However we were given very courteous and professional service by Carrie-ann in the Royal, who arranged a transfer. She saved the day! The room was very comfortable and spacious. Dinner and breakfast were reasonable but it was the staff who made our stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Stirling Court Hotel
#7 of 20 in Stirling
Holiday Inn Express Stirling
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!