“Murder Mystery Night !!! Yawn”
Review of The Royal Hotel

The Royal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bridge of Allan
livingston
“Murder Mystery Night !!! Yawn”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have just returned from a Murder Mystery Night at the Royal hotel we were booked in the sister hotel The Ivy 2 hundred yards down the road.The room at the Ivy was a junior suite and was all we could ask for spacious,well equipped and on the 1st floor. One fault TV in room terrible no brightness or color controls like watching everything filmed in a dark room with no lights on .The Murder night at the Royal was poorly attended and the food was mediocre to say the least very small offerings and not even a bread roll offered. The Murder Mystery troupe played out there act for about an hour and was the worst we have attended took it self too seriously and did not allow a sense of fun to engage the attendee's. I would not attend another theme night at this hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor junior suites.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel 29th Jun & was reasonably satisfied with my stay. The room was ok, had been refurbished but nothing outstanding. The food was excellent & I would gladly go back for a meal anytime. The waiting staff were very polite & helpful but the young girl on the reception needs to put a smile on her face! I initially phoned to make an inquiry & she was extremely rude, I phoned back to complain & Peter, the manager sorted the booking for me & apologised but on arrival ( I'm sure it must have been the same girl ) she was unbelievable in her tone & manner. She was blunt & abrupt in her response to any of our questions. She made no effort whatsoever as the first contact when you check in to a hotel

She definitely needs training if she wants to continue in this role!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our room was clean and tidy and was the perfect size for a couple.

The bathroom had a shower and bath.

The hotel has wifi but it did not reach to our room.

Breakfast in the morning was fine.

The hotel is in a lovely area - a very nice ice cream shop is just a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zara E
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A good location in the centre of this well-connected village. Pleasant rooms, but we had a vast bathroom - more room to sit down in the bedroom would have been more helpful. A gracious building, but quite a few niggles: like our king-size bed had a standard double-size sheet on it, which of course wouldn't stay put; and the wifi didn't reach to the bedrooms; and some papers that I left behind, which they promised to forward, never reached me... On the positive side, breakfast was good, with plenty of fruit available, and all staff were very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank seglea
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited here from the 15-17th June, and to be completely honest I was wasn't expecting top notch after reading some of the reviews on here.
When we arrived at noon our room was still being made up, we had been booked in as a gift and it was a voucher, it turned out we didn't have the right part of our receipt however these people booked us in to our room and couldn't have been more friendly and helpful..
After some window shopping on the Main Street we returned to the hotel and got given out key.
Yes as some people has said the rooms are a little tired but not to the extent people are making out, we had room 26, a gorgeous corner room at the side of the hotel with 2 big bay windows. This room had all the things we needed to have a nice clean happy stay.
Dinner at this hotel is 1st class, I didn't catch the Irish girls name but she was lovely, worked hard and was so friendly she also gave us some local information as did the tall dark haired man who wore glasses, I had ordered a burger for my lunch on the 2nd day and just because the seasoning wasn't to my tasting he took the meal off the bill and replaced it with a panini. This was Monday 16th June and it was scorching hot, all I wanted to do was get a cold shower and relax, the staff recognised I was struggling with the heat and again went out of their way to make me happy.. I had a fan to my room, and was also served our 3 course meal to our room at the table beside the bay window (for no extra charge)
Now we travel a lot and hand on my heart this is the most accommodation hotel I've ever stayed at, NO other hotel would have done this, not at least without charge!!
It wasn't until we were checking out we realised that we still hadn't resolved the voucher issue, which was sorted straight away..
We will return to this hotel on another visit to Stirling, purely because I like how these people work, the are friendly, helpful, hard working, I couldn't rate them higher..
See you all again soon, and thank you for a wonderful stay
Jaclyn & Glenn ;)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaks_78
Uphall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in the Royal Hotel for one night as party of a wedding party, we stayed in room was 31, this was really big and clean, hotel had plenty room for parking cars, good breakfast in the morning, only concern was the lift was really small, overall a nice hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Book the Ivy for a hen night. Had a great night. The function room was perfect and the way the team had decorated it was brill. I don't normally write reviews but felt I had to due to one member of staff called David...his customer service was outstanding! Anything we asked for he done without even thinking about it. He made the night even better with the way he treated us. Such a genuine lovely guy with great customer service skills

• Stayed June 2014
Golden Lion Hotel
Golden Lion Hotel
#10 of 20 in Stirling
Premier Inn Stirling City Centre Hotel

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!