“Lovely lunch”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Another lovely lunch here today. Our kids loved the little playhouse outside! Very friendly, helpful staff. Our food was delicious and served quickly despite the place being very busy. Top marks - will be back for one of those empire biscuits....

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have been to the Hideaway Cafe lots of times and it never disappoints on the food front although the service can be a bit erratic. The sandwiches are of a very high standard and the coffee is delicious in just the right size of cup, not a massive soup bowl like size which drown the taste of coffee. The soup is always good too and the cAkes are dangerous for the waist line. The interior is gorgeous and there is always a nice buzzy atmosphere there. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank mrsmacGlasgow
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Bridge of Allan has several cafes/ bistro's worth a visit, however the Hideaway is in class of its own!

Great coffee, wonderful homemade cakes and pastries and charming staff. Menus also change regularly. Breakfast is served until 12noon and lunch and light snacks throughout the afternoon.

Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Reg1149
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stumbled across this little hidden cafe and, intrigued, decided to pop in for lunch.
We were a little early for the lunch menu and having looked at the breakfast menu decided to wait with a coffee until the chefs were ready to serve lunch at around 12pm. Whilst waiting my friend had a flat white coffee which was lovely, and I had an oreo milkshake which was fantastic! We waited a little while for our drinks but I can definitely say it was worth it as it was one of the best milkshakes I've tasted :)
The food looked and tasted lovely and was very filling! The soup, I thought, lacked flavour but with a bit of pepper was nice enough.
The staff were friendly and seemed to be happy at work.
I thought the room was a little draughty and we had to keep our coats on.
We were going to have a little slice of cake each too but the display in all honestly didn't look very appetising, the only word I can think of to describe it is a bit beige. However, we still very much enjoyed our food and if passing I would sure be back!

1  Thank commovente
Reviewed 2 August 2014

we had a lovely lunch today at this cute café, lovely homemade lentil soup. Staff so helpful and friendly, and I loved the décor. Will be back.