“Comfortable clean convenient”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Ellen
Laphroaig View Guest House B&B
Ranked #4 of 17 Port Ellen B&B and Inns
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Comfortable clean convenient”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at this most comfortable B & B for 5nights and would certainly recommend. Rooms are clean ,bright with super views of the bay and beyond. The ensuites are spacious ,spotlessly clean with plenty of hot water .We enjoyed the excellent facility of a hostess tray in the bedrooms with tea / coffee making facility.The house is well set back of the road--in middle of a field !- an ideal location for visiting Laphroig and others distilleries . Also a pleasant walk into Port Ellen. Carole is a perfect hostess.The breakfast menu is varied with tea & coffee available 24hours in the dining room.
The day of our leaving the rain was pouring down and the ferry was not until lunchtime .Carole kindly served us coffee & delicious scones in front of blazing peat fire. Thank you for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert186518

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband myself and and a close friend stayed with Carole and Bobby for three days whilst we were attending a Wedding at the nearby Ardbeg distillery( which by the way was amazing ) the guest house was off the road which leads to 3 distilleries, Laphroaig, llangvulen, Ardbeg, which if you are a whisky enthusiast is ideal, it is about 5 mins from port ellen and you will not be sorry if you stay at this delightful guest house.The rooms are bright, modern and well furnished, great en-suite facilities and the breakfasts that will keep you going all day .The views from the rooms are amazing sheep, lambs, and cows in the adjoining fields and over the water towards Ireland which can be seen on a clear day . The house boasts its own spring water which is believe you me cool, clear and delicious .Carole made us so welcome it felt like staying with a good friend andi would definitely recommend this delightful, and special guest house well done to everyone there

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank katynuttall
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We were made to feel very welcome at this charming guest house with beautiful views by its gracious and helpful hosts. I have no reservations about recommending this place as one of the best B & Bs I've been to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. Carole was an absolutely amazing host - almost like a mother and a home away from home. The location was a perfect walking distance from Laphroaig. I rented a bicycle while in town and was able to make it into town as well as all the way to Kildalton Cross from the guest house. One night it was misting only slightly and I had planned on riding the bicylce into town, however Carole insisted in giving me a ride, so I wouldnt get wet. The breakfasts were awesome, and she was very accomdating to time and menu. She also offered dinners for 10 pounds - which was an excellent value and delicous. The room was very cozy - recently rennovated with new bathroom, furniture, and nicely sized flatscreen tv. If the weather was more permitting, I would have wanted to go fishing, and Carole was going to set me up with a rod and boots. This is the best place to stay in Islay, and I wouldnt recommend anywhere else. Definitely stay there!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My father and I stayed Laphroaig View after choosing to extend our time in Islay. The house is brand new and everything was spotlessly clean. The rooms and bathrooms are all very large. This house is literally a stones throw from the Laphroaig distillery, so if you're keen on Laphroaig this is the place to stay.

Carol, the owner, and her family were incredible. They shared all kinds of stories. Carol knows everyone on Islay, so if you're looking for a personal experience, this is it. She is also an amazing cook, so if you choose to stay here definitely opt in for dinner. I got her recipe for parsnips!

The house is located on a farm and they have all kinds of animals. On the second day she took me horseback riding and it was an amazing way to see Islay. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: My room had the very large bathtub and a beautiful view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I, being a whisky enthusiast since long and an ardent fan of Islay single malts, specially the ones in the south which happens to be at the Port Ellen, viz, Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Laphroaig, was looking for a B&B around there and some how, luckily was given the number of Laphroaig View by another B&B who were not in the exact vicinity of the distilleries.To my delight they had a room and the B&B was just a short walk from all the distilleries.
I arrived at Port Ellen a little late in the evening by the ferry around 8:30 PM, and was received by the owner who was kind enough to offer me a pick-up from the terminal to the B&B.
After a very short drive from the terminal we arrived at the B&B, which reminds you of some landscape paintings. Gorgeous!
I asked for a cup of tea before crashing down in the bed and calling it a day, the lady owner, Carol got me a nice dram of Laphroaig with it which was just an icing over the cake... perfect!!!

The B&B is newly done and it has started operating very recently. The rooms are nice and cosy making your stay very comfortable and relaxing. The view from the room is just stunning. On a nice clear day you could possibly see Ireland. The place is like a picturesque postcard, stunning view, quiet and very relaxing.
The breakfast in the dining area was nice and fresh perfect way to start my day. well thats exactly what you need if you have some robust and potent whiskies lined up ahead in the day.
I opted to walk down for all the distilleries... the first up road, just a 10 mins walk from there is Laphroaig, the last on the road is Ardbeg and Lagavulin is in the middle of these two with around couple of miles from each other or probably less. But the walk in itself is a different experience, you soak in the amazing scenery while capturing every moment and the views in your camera.
The tasting session and the tours were really nice.. loved the one at Laphroaig and Lagavulin. It was a dream come true!!!!
The Ardbeg Cafe is really nice.. do check that place out in lunch... really nice food.
i finished my last tour and tasting session at Laphroaig around 5:30pm and went straight to the Port Ellen and to my surprise i found an Indian restaurant there. it was like wow an Indian on an island with a population of 3000 owned by a Scottish lady, ah, just amazing!
After the dinner had few night caps at the local pub next door to the Restaurant.. its a very small place but with the most brilliant collection of single malt whiskies.
Had a nice little walk back to the B&B to my room, where a chilled bottle of natural spring water was waiting for me. With pitch dark surrounding, pin drop silence and warm and comfy bed, I had the best sleep ever. slept like a baby!!!!
well, sadly, I had to leave in the morning.
Had the delicious and sumptuous breakfast and Carol was kind and gracious enough to drop me back to Port Ellen for the ferry.
Overall, its a perfect place for a nice break from your city life, from the concrete jungle... and if you love your whisky its a must.
The B&B is a home away from home. and the owner will make you feel that way.
Very nice, warm and friendly!!!
Highly Recommended!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SSJO99
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I as looking for a B&B near Laphroaig distillery and found this gem. It has only been running for a short time but I found my stay a wonderful and relaxing experience. The house is quite new and my room, which looked out over to Ireland and Laphroaig Distillery, was fab. It's only a 10 minute walk to Laphroaig where I had a fantastic tour with some great whisky. Go for the Water to whisky tour.Ok it's a little bit dear compared to the ordinary tour, but it's worth every penny! Also visited Lagavulin and Ardbeg, both of which are just up the road. What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I relaxed in the evening with a dram and had a nice evening meal at the B&B which I found was perfect for me. After being out all day it was nice to just come down from my room for dinner. Just like a hotel but a lot cheaper. After dinner I went up to my room and opened my window.I couldn't get over how quiet it was. The odd cow mooing and that was about it. I stood at the large open roof light window in my room for what seemed like ages just soaking in the serenity. I slept the best sleep that night for a long, long time.

After my spring water shower the next morning (I kid you not, the water is all spring water!), which was amazing, I then had the breakfast of all breakfasts. 10/10.

I said my goodbyes and walked down to Port Ellen ferry port, which took 30 minutes. I reckon I could have done it quicker but I stopped to photograph the pet lambs who came running up to me thinking they were going to get bottle fed!

As you leave Islay by ferry you pass Laphroaig Distillery, with Laphroaig View B&B above it on the hill. I would recommend a visit to anyone who likes their whisky and I will certainly be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good. I was in room 2
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Glenegedale
Lochside Hotel
Lochside Hotel
#4 of 13 in Bowmore

Been to Laphroaig View Guest House B&B? Share your experiences!