“Best place in the Hebrides and breathtaking service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of An Lanntair

An Lanntair
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Stornoway
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An Lanntair is open from 10am Monday to Saturday for Breakfast, lunch, dinners, snacks and drinks. We have daily menu celebrating local food such as fresh seafood and black pudding. We also have vegetarian and gluten free options. Through the day AN Lanntair is perfect for families and friends to meet in a warm and welcoming atmosphere with a beautiful view over Stornoway Harbour. In the evening you can enjoy our cocktail menu and evening meals before or after a live show or cinema screening.
Milan, Italy
“Best place in the Hebrides and breathtaking service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend came to Stornoway for a couple of days. We were astonished by the peerless quality of this restaurant...so that we even came back a second time!
The food was excellent and the choice of dishes a la carte was rather unique and impressively surprising. The location is exclusive, with a wonderful view on the laguna and all the romance of the ferries leaving from the port.
But, above all, a mention must be made about the staff: the waitress who we had the lucky chance to meet was the best we could desire in a cold April night. Kind, well-mannered, careful, welcoming, sympathetic and charming (we won't forget her flowery ornaments), Alana made up the exquisite atmosphere that we are still keeping in our memories as a warm tresure.
What a pleasure was also to take contact with Bosun, the manager of this unrivalled sea-side venue!
Thank you An Lanntair!

• Visited April 2014

Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
“Love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We probably visit Lanntair at least once a week, sometimes more, when we are at our Island home and just love it . There've been a few reshuffles in the last month or so and when ever that happens it takes a while for things to settle down, but they have. The food is good, it doesn't pretend to be cordon bleu so if that's what you're looking for you may be disappointed but the food they serve is imaginative and delicious and the price is good. The view over the bay is tremendous and the staff are friendly and helpful, particularly Suzie and Debbie. We're back in Wales at the moment but look forward to returning.

• Visited July 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pleasant setting, good meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

An Lanntair's restaurant has a fine view over Stornoway harbour. The food was good though not exceptional and portions quite generous. Service was maybe a wee bit slow given that it was not a particularly busy evening. Not as good as other Stornoway restaurants we ate in but a perfectly good choice. Be warned though that they stop serving prompt at 8.30 p.m so be sure to get there before then if you don't want to be turned away hungry.

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Great menu for both lunch and dinner. There is also a great wee bar with a shortened menu also selling teas, coffee, cakes & scones. Very helpful & friendly staff. Nice surroundings. Highly recommended.

Stornoway, United Kingdom
“Great place - now even better with more vegetarian options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

In my previous review I said how much I like An Lanntair as a place, and that the standard of the food was definitely high, but complained about the lack of choice for vegetarians - there was only one main dish on the menu which made it hard if you were a vegetarian couple and didn't want to order two of the same dish.

Since I've been here a good while now, I thought it was time to revisit the review. I've got to know quite a few of the staff since then, and spent many hours in An Lanntair, and my opinion of the place in general has only got better. It's a great venue all round, nice and relaxed and a good place to spend an evening, whether you're eating a meal, watching a show, or just having a drink with friends.

Perhaps more relevantly for me, I've also had a chat with the chef, and am pleased to report that there are now more veggie choices on the menu. Not that I can claim sole (or any!) credit for this, but he had noticed my review and so it's great to know that constructive feedback can sometimes influence things :)

I would still make a plea for more options for veggies (particular the bar snacks and sandwiches), but they are travelling in the right direction. I know that we're not a very common species in the Hebrides, but we do exist, and meat-eaters are allowed to eat our food too, so it's an extra choice for everyone...

I should close by saying that my carnivorous friends have good things to say too, so I'd thoroughly recommend An Lanntair all round.

• Visited June 2014