Caladh Inn(Stornoway)
US$178
US$203
Manor House(Stornoway)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscommon roomfree breakfastfemale dormthe ownerbeautiful tree houselaundry facilitiesfamily roombed sheetsbrilliant place to stayinternet accesswell equipped kitchenhomely feelbus stationfelt like homecentral locationlocation is greattop floor
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Staff are very pleasant. Disappointing with eight people sharing one room even though it is a hostel. My head would have been adjacent to somebody else's feet (no thank you) decided to find a B&B. At the end of the day I think I might be a bit old for that type of environment.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank 124hughie
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I recently travelled to Lewis Solo and decided to stay in the Hostel in hopes to make some friends and learn about the area .
Whilst I didn't mingle much in the Hostel the people who ran it were absolutely lovely .
The environment was clean and homely .
I felt comfortable safe and secure the entire time and the upstairs bathroom was very new and I liked the style .
There was a kitchen to cook in and outdoors area for BBQ .
They provide washing machines for a small fee and towels too so no need to worry .

I would recommend this to anyone travelling solo wanting a cheap place set to explore .
It is in walking distance of the boats the harbour ,castle lews and also the bus station .and clubs /pubs

Toast tea and cereal is served also .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheree H
Christine M, Owner at Heb Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you Sheree for your kind review.
It was lovely to meet you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Christine :)

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Clean, homely feel and convenient location. With this as my first hostel experience, I felt comfortable at the Heb Hostel and the owner was lovely. Everything was clean and well kept, I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for review Steph. I am glad you enjoyed your first hostel experience with us. Hopefully we will see you again some time in the future.
Christine

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Friendly, clean and comfortable. Right in the centre of Stornoway and an easy hundred yard (or so) walk from the ferry and bus station. It's in a quiet road but nothing is more than a couple of minutes walk from this really good hostel. The highest praise I can give is that the owners have given every thought to their visitors with everything from tea, coffee and cereal available to loads of information on the area and internet access!. On a separate, but related matter, many of the guidebooks are very unfair on Stornoway. Take some time to look round - it's a 'real' working town with plenty to see. It's also the central point for all the bus services.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Hello Ross, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review. It is much appreciated.
Christine :)

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We stayed at Heb Hostel on our recent Haggis Adventure tour through the Hebrides, and I absolutely loved it. Christine made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in and answered all of the questions we could have possibly dreamed of asking. I stayed with my friend and two others in the family room on the top floor, and it was very clean and a charming little room. The free breakfast was very much appreciated, the wifi was quite good, and the location was great. I also really liked the added touch of the restaurant recommendations available in the common room. All in all, the hostel had a feel like staying at your favourite aunt's house. I highly recommend it and will go back when I'm in Stornoway again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Hello Steph. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review. It is great to get positive feedback from a guest off one of the Haggis tours as we always feel you don't get to see to see the hostel at it's best.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of the tour.
Christine :)